RAM

Old April 1st 09, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
THE C. [MS MVP]

Default RAM

Ok I understand Curious, Make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"Curious" wrote:

Most of the delay was due to My system waiting for all of the services to
get up and running before trying the wireless connection. If directly
connected to my router the laptop was a lot faster.

"THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote in message
2+ minutes? Sounds like you had problems with your hardware not Vista. My
boot time and load, is under 1 minute for Vista. Make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"Curious" wrote:

itsshaft,
Since very few applications are multithreaded meaning they can not use
more
then one core concurrently I would expect a quad 2.33 to be fairly slow
as
compared to a dual 2.33.
Unless you are running what you know to be a memory intensive application
such as video editing then more memory will not benefit you at all it
will
just sit there as disk cache with no activity.
Also don't judge the speed of your system only it's boot time.
I upgraded my 1GB Vistas 32 bit HP system to the Windows 7 beta and now
when
I boot my email is being downloaded after 45-50 seconds compared to 2+
minutes on Vista.

"Pavel A." wrote in message
"ltshaft" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought a new PC running on follow config.

2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 QUAD 2.33Mhz process
640HDD
Vista Home Premium-64bit OS

I feel that it's kind of slow, and I like to know if I should upgrade
the
RAM to 4GB.

This depends what exactly you're doing. Games? Applications?

Further, I still have Windows XP Home CD and I am contemplating if I
should
change my OS to XP Home instead.

Again, depends on what you're doing.

-- pa

Old April 1st 09, 07:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
THE C. [MS MVP]

Don't worry about me Malke, you need to worry about acurate replies from
which your ratings are down, way down. Still not willing to accept you were
wrong about the RAM issue, is childish on your part, please grow up and make
it a great day!
--

"Malke" wrote:

THE C. [MS MVP] wrote:

2+ minutes? Sounds like you had problems with your hardware not Vista. My
boot time and load, is under 1 minute for Vista. Make it a great day.

No one should believe anything you write because you lie about being an MVP.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old April 3rd 09, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
merkat106

ltshaft;1004178 Wrote:
Hi, I just bought a new PC running on follow config.

2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 QUAD 2.33Mhz process
640HDD
Vista Home Premium-64bit OS

I feel that it's kind of slow, and I like to know if I should upgrade
the
RAM to 4GB.
Further, I still have Windows XP Home CD and I am contemplating if I
should
change my OS to XP Home instead.

Can some of you experts please give some advise ?

Vista x64 runs best with at least 4GB. I agree with many prior posters,
upgrade the RAM and please don't go to XP Home. You will definately not
get the most out of the quad-core processor.

Bottomline: Upgrade the RAM

--
merkat106

Mer Hathaway,
A+ Certified &
Former in-store Circuit City firedog PC tech