Battery life: CD vs. HD vs. External HD

Old April 2nd 09, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BrianB

Default Battery life: CD vs. HD vs. External HD

"Mike Torello" wrote in message

Hmm...

I took a short Amtrak trip recently: each group of seats had a double
outlet. It was a nice trip ;-)

(Sigh) That sounds a lot more relaxing that being jammed into a couch seat
for 7 hours each way.

Brian

Old April 2nd 09, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes[_2_]

This person is a fake and NOT an MVP and not even close

When are you going to stop using that fake MVP moniker. Your answer are always wrong
and you are also a fraud.

Have a great day

BTW. Waiting impatiently for your reply which should be a dandy

--
Peter

"THE C. [MS MVP]" wrote in message
Mike... does it really matter? Who really cares were he reply's (top or
bottom) as long as he is willing to help the OP. Make it a great day.
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Charles Richmond
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

"Mike Torello" wrote:

"Curious" wrote:

I was not replying to you I was adding to your response by placing mine
under yours. since I did not reply or comment to anything you said.

Wow. You don't even know the difference between over and under.

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
.. .
"Curious" wrote:

Some airlines also have the connectors in coach but maybe not in all coach
rows and you have to ask when you make your reservation for a row that has
them.

When are you gonna learn to reply to the proper person?

"BrianB" wrote:

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
om...
"BrianB" wrote:

I'm going to be sitting on an airplane for too many hours. I'd like to
watch
some videos on the laptop and am wondering the best way to maximize
battery
life. Which uses the least power?
- Playing the DVD in the DVD drive
- Ripping the DVD to the hard drive and playing it from there (if I
have
enough free disk space)
- Ripping the DVD to an external hard drive and playing it from there
- Ripping the DVD to a big memory key and playing it from there

Any suggestions? I would guess that the second option would be the
best,
followed by the memory key. Don't know the trade off between the DVD
drive
and external hard drive.

I'll bet there's an outlet for you to plug your laptop into.

Mine (a Toshiba) lets me play DVDs without loading Windows. Nice.

Great thought. Unfortunately I'm told that only first and business class
have outlets. We peons travelling coach are restricted to batteries.

Old April 2nd 09, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Torello

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

This person is a fake and NOT an MVP and not even close

I've had that jerk killfiled since the first day (maybe the second)
the moniker showed up in these groups. The only time I see any of his
crap is when people like you quote it.

Old April 17th 09, 10:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Frank-FL

http://www.mvps.org/links.html

You are not on the list. You don't even use a proper newsreader. VISTA
just defaults to Microsoft communities, which is web based. Frankly I don't
see how you get your kicks out of this type of behavior. (tweenie)

Old April 17th 09, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

I recently noticed that all MVPs are not in the list because they have the
option of being listed or not.
Note the line at the top of the list which is quoted below:

"
The Microsoft MVP Award directory contains a listing of all the MVPs that
want to share their information publicly.
"
Do not consider that my pointing this out means that I think Charles is in
fact a current MVP I am just pointing out that not being in the list does
not mean that he is not.

Old April 24th 09, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BrianB[_2_]

Thank you all for hijacking this thread. You've caused me a bit of
frustration when I think that I've received a useful answer only to be
another babble about MVPs. Please, in the future, if you wish to hijack a
thread, instead either start a new thread, or at least change the subject.

Thank you
Brian (the OP)