Can't use my mocrophone with Skype!

Old April 3rd 09, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
curious-moi

Default Can't use my mocrophone with Skype!

Hello,
My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have
an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can
only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me.

Please help me.
Thank you

--
curious-moi

Old April 3rd 09, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Torello

curious-moi wrote:

Hello,
My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have
an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can
only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me.

Use System Restore to take your computer back to when it was working.
Old April 17th 09, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Frank-FL

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
curious-moi wrote:

Hello,
My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have
an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can
only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me.

Use System Restore to take your computer back to when it was working.

Yes go ahead. You will lose all the changes going back to the restore point
and you won't even know what they were.

Old April 18th 09, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

curious-moi wrote:

Hello,
My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have
an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can
only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me.

I just started using Skype and have had no problems with the
microphone working. If you're certain the microphone isn't broken, why
not submit a service request to Skype? Service requests take forever
to get responded to, but the tech support staff DOES eventually
respond. Have you checked Device Manager? Is there a Yellow Question
Mark next to your sound card?

Skype's turning out to be a terrific service for me so far; I hope you
get your problem solved as fast as possible.