Activation IS CRAP!!! please help

Old April 8th 09, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
s10480

Default Activation IS CRAP!!! please help

Okay i recently updated with a core2 quad processor and a new gigabyte
mobo, and now my vista is no longer activated and i found my CD key
using some winproductkey finder program, and got it, its been activated
for about a year now, and now its asking to activate it. I tried just
typing in the CD key again and i get error

0xC004E003

Please help i just want to reactivate it. It also had no option to call
to activate it over the phone... :cry:

--
s10480
Old April 8th 09, 02:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SCSIraidGURU

Microsoft has many numbers to call to reactivate. You probably ran into
the OEM hardware change limit.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)
Old April 8th 09, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
s10480

Where do i get a number to reactiavate. And how the heck can that be
fair, that if i upgrade the hardware they cut the activation and screw
me over. But that aside where do i get one of the numbers.
Thanks for the quick reply sorry for the short temper i hope you can
understand how mad i am.

--
s10480
Old April 8th 09, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Hello s10480, and welcome to Vista Forums.

If you have a OEM (ex: HP, Gateway, etc...) Vista, then you will need
to call you computer manufacturer's support number to do so. If it is
not in your computer's documentation, then it should be on their
website.

If you have a retail Vista, then you can see if using Option Two in the
STEP TWO section of this tutorial below to see if you can get it
activated.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old April 8th 09, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
s10480

i belive this did come off of a HP and say i do call them will they not
give me a new one or how does that work, again thanks for the responce
just trying to figure this out.

--
s10480
Old April 8th 09, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

You can reactivate your Windows Vista installation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

NOTE: When you call that number, you will first hear an Automated Voice. If the Automated Voice gives you an option to talk to a
Live Activation Rep, select that option. If not, do not enter any numbers. This should force the Automated Voice to transfer you to
a Live Activation Rep. Trying to activate thru the Automated Voice will not work, in your case, only thru the Live Activation Rep
will your activation be successful.

--
Try the new Windows Vista Answers Forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/.../windowsvista/

Old April 8th 09, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

"s10480" wrote in message

Okay i recently updated with a core2 quad processor and a new gigabyte
mobo, and now my vista is no longer activated and i found my CD key
using some winproductkey finder program, and got it, its been activated
for about a year now, and now its asking to activate it. I tried just
typing in the CD key again and i get error

0xC004E003

Please help i just want to reactivate it. It also had no option to call
to activate it over the phone... :cry:

--
s10480

You may have a BIOS locked installation which is looking for the BIOS which
was present at the time of the initial installation. As others have already
told you, a telephone activation is the only way forward..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Old April 8th 09, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Well, looking at '*_HP's_activation_procedure_*'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...e=c01 053605),
it looks like you may be able to use Option Two in the STEP TWO section
of this tutorial below to hopefully get it activated.

'Activate Vista by Phone'

Old April 8th 09, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
s10480

Problem with that when i do that its just enter a new key, contact HP
buy new product online nothing about a phone number

--
s10480
Old April 8th 09, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brink

Do you not get a phone number to call when you do *Option Two* in the
*STEP TWO* section of that tutorial?