Vista Banter

-   -   The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. (http://www.vistabanter.com/159614-file-does-not-have-program-associated-performing-action.html)

ndrepebx April 9th 09 08:25 PM

The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hi there,
I'm having an error (*The file does not have a program associated with
it for performing this action. create an association in the set
Associations controll panel)* only when i try to play a DVD or a CD
though, the autostart menu doesn't appear when i insert the disk and if
I double click on the cd or dvd the error appears. I tried Merging the
.exe file but didn't fix anything
Any ideas please?

--
ndrepebx

THE C. [MS MVP] April 10th 09 07:59 AM

The file does not have a program associated with it for performing

Try unistalling your CD/DVD drive in the device manager then rebooting. If
that doesn't help then look at the link below, good luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!