Printer goes offline

Old April 10th 09, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JohnA

Default Printer goes offline

Using HP psc 2510, linksys wrt54g router, and Toshiba laptop with Vista os.
Everything is great for a few days, then the printer will not work.
Looking at control panel, printers, I see the printer is offline.
How do I get it back online?
The blue light is on, but it will not print network config page.

I have to reset the router and reinstall the printer to get it working
again.

Where is my problem? Printer, router, vista??
Any guidance appreciated.

Old April 10th 09, 04:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tanuj_chadha[_8_]

did you try to right click on the printer icon & click on use printer
online.

Check if you get any error message when you do that.

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:

Old April 10th 09, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bob

I don't know why you are having the problem but I think an easier
and quicker "fix" is to reboot.

Old April 10th 09, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

What OS are you using?
Is the printer set as your default printer?

Old April 10th 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LVTravel

"JohnA" wrote in message
Using HP psc 2510, linksys wrt54g router, and Toshiba laptop with Vista
os.
Everything is great for a few days, then the printer will not work.
Looking at control panel, printers, I see the printer is offline.
How do I get it back online?
The blue light is on, but it will not print network config page.

I have to reset the router and reinstall the printer to get it working
again.

Where is my problem? Printer, router, vista??
Any guidance appreciated.

There have been issues with the Linksys routers and Vista. Don't know if a
firmware upgrade to your router is in order.

Check Linksys' web site at:
http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/...RT54G/download and ensure that
you are using the proper version number for your router.

CAUTION: The WRT54G has many different version numbers from 1.0 to 8.2.
Putting in the wrong firmware may cook the router. Look on the
manufacturer's label for the proper version.

Old April 10th 09, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JohnA

Vista Home
Yes, it is default printer

Old April 10th 09, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pupick

I strongly suspect the problem is that your Vista wireless notebook is
unable to maintain a full connection to the router.
I have several mixed XP/Vista wireless environments and periodically a
wireless Vista machine will be unable to connect via the router while all
the XP wireless units are functioning perfectly. The router has to be
rebooted just for the Vista machine.
In any event network based printer servers can be finicky. If you have the
option to plug the printer into a networked computer you will have less
problems.

Old April 11th 09, 12:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

I have a wired network printer connected to my router and sometimes it goes
offline with my wired desktop running Vista HP 32 bit but it does not go off
line with my wireless 11G laptop using the same router and running Win7 32
bit beta.

Old April 20th 09, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dossent

I have 6 computers at home with three running XP and 3 running Vista.
Previous all 6 were running XP. Since the three Vista computers have been
hooked up mto my networked HP printer, the printer goes offline (only on the
Vista systems) as soon as the computers go into the "hybernate" mode. Its not
a printer problem. The XP's are running fine.