Creative Mixer

Old April 11th 09, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
User66

Default Creative Mixer

I am running a fairly old Sound Blaster PCI 128 program in Windows XP Pro. I have to admit that it does have a wonderful WAV file Editor, that makes it worthwhile. So much for that. Here is my problem.

As I boot, here comes a notice with title "Creative Mixer", "Can't register tray icon."

Creative Wave Studio - works OK
Creative MiniDisk Center - works OK
Creative Keytar - works OK
Creative Play Center - works OK

Creative Recorder - works, but not as good as it used to

Creative Mixer - does not show up on the Taskbar during boot time, but we have to open it and then put it on Taskbar by selecting it to do it, which was supposed to be automatic. Although it functions OK, but again during reboot it does not show up on the Taskbar.

I have unloaded the program from my PC, then re-loaded it, but the same problem returns.
I hate to reload the OP system just to clear up one programs miss-behavior.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I have to edit the registry?

Appreciate help.

Old April 11th 09, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim Moriarty[_2_]

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:17:59 -0500, "User66"
wrote:

I am running a fairly old Sound Blaster PCI 128 program in Windows XP Pro.

[stuff clipped]

Ummm... where in the title of this newsgroup to you see "XP"??
Old April 11th 09, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
User66

Sorry, you can see what happens when we get old. We make simple mistakes.

I will post it on a right place.

(By the way, did you have any answer for my question?)

Old April 11th 09, 04:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Torello

"User66" wrote:

Sorry, you can see what happens when we get old. We make simple mistakes.

It's not old age... it's bad thinking or NO thinking so don't look for
sympathy.

I'm a full-blown Medicare-card-carrying Senior Citizen.