HP Pavilion dv6000 won't load vista

Old April 13th 09, 04:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris[_8_]

Default HP Pavilion dv6000 won't load vista

Where in your area Richard, is recovery of data from a HD by a service
affordable for a college student with average funds for a college student?

How much is the fee on average? Many of the services I've talked to want a
minimum of $1600.

How many college students do you know who have that kind of discretionary
money?

CH

"Richard G. Harper" wrote in message
If your data is important to you, stop trying to recover it yourself and
take the computer to a professional who is skilled at data recovery.
Anything you try at this point could well be destroying the data that
remains on the drive to the point that even a professional cannot recover
it.

Oh, and for future information, consider backing up essential data and
documents to an external device, network drive, etc.

"r3n3r4d3" wrote in message

Hi all

This is what happened

I woke up at 6 to go work, i left my laptop on all night, so i decided
to shut it off before i go to work.

I JUST came back, and when i start it, the HP loading screen works,
then it loaded in my vista home premium. i type my password, but it was
frozen already.

So i restarted my laptop. and it loads teh HP screen, then blank
screen. I tried to wait for 10-15 mins. still blank screen.

I tried to use the PHXBIOS and did a Hard Disk self test.

The status: #10009 - Replace Hard Disk

WHAT I DO?

OMG

ALL MY Univeristy homeworks in tehre !

:'(

PLEASE HELP!

I RAN SYSTEM STARTUP REPAIR USING VISTA RECOVERY DISC

AND THIS CAME OUT FROM THE RESULT:

root cause found:
system volume on disk is corrupt

Repair action: file system repair (chkdsk)
REsult: completed error code = 0x0
time taken = 312985 ms

so is my harddrive done?

Is there ANYTHING i can do? I really want to keep all my files.

Thanks

--
r3n3r4d3

Old November 7th 09, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
halfhead1004

Ok, my Gf is having the same sorta issue on her HP pavilion dv6000. But
you guys seem to keep talking about the HDD... I dont know about you but
I can load up safe mode in either comand prompt or /w networking. HDD
still there, all data is fine. If you can access safe mode i recommend
it for backing up your shtuff before bringing it to a "pro". Ive lost
data because idiot "pros" just decide to do a complete reinstall....
morons!

So here's my theory. Video card issue. Although, i did read something
about it being a CPU issue, but maybe the problem differs with the users
and forum threads ive seen about this.

Another theory..... which isnt much of a theory its more a
statement.... VISTA IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DELETE IT NOW AND BURN
THE CD/DVD IN A RITUAL, CLEANING YOUR SOULS!!!!! either that, and/or HP
Pavillion is the problem with its cheap HP parts. Thank god for
warrenty.

Anyways, I think the guys earlier saying to go to a "pro" is the best
solution, BUT, I recommend that you enter safe-mode, back your data up
and go to a pro. or even reinstall windows first(after backup) THEN go
to a "pro" if that fails. Just back up first . I lost 80gig of music i
was recording over 13 years after bringing my PC to a shop. Lucky I
recovered it.....

CIAOOO

-Halfhead

--
halfhead1004

Old March 14th 10, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
loyal22pac

hi im having this same problem too. please message me at or add me to msn

Post Originated from
http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
Old March 14th 10, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
loyal22pac