Question on USB Hubs and Controllers in Device manager? & abit mor

Old April 15th 09, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lee

Default Question on USB Hubs and Controllers in Device manager? & abit mor

*Not sure if this is the appropriate forum if not could i be directed to the
right one although i feel this is pretty close if not the right one*

Problem:

I have noticed before and was curious and & thought this would be the happy
place to find the answer and is related to microsft windows Vista. Im having
a few troubles with my PC, sometimes won't go out of sleep mode and
dissconnecting USB devices randomly when entering sleep mode and it could
dissconnect the soundcard (usually does) and the mousse still works, or the
mousse won't work either after entering sleep mode. None of this should be
happeneing as USB devices should'nt be dissconnecting in sleep mode, and i
have checked out all options in "power options" and everything is set
correctly so there is no reason that USB devices should be randommly
dissconnecting. Anyway heh. I have been onto the toshiba forums and have
downloaded the BIOS and display drivers from toshiba as some said may help.

All this had me thinking and i thought because there is so many problems
randomly happening and there are a few areas in which iam unsure of, i
thought i would ask about one of them to whoever may wan't to help me to
clear atleast some of this mess out of my head and give me a bit better
picture of whats going on with my PC.

Heh, Ok, Question: This has bewildered me for ages, a while now, and wan't
to clear some of the confusion out so here we go. There is a list of USB host
controllers & USB Hubs corresponding to these Host controllers. What are they
for. It seems that when ever i have a USB device plugged in it shows up as a
seperate device (whatver) in device manager so i was wondering what the other
controller and hubs were for? Hope someone can help. Also to add to the
question, going back to what i said previously at the start of this message,
the randomly dissconnects devices when entering sleep mode, by randommly i
mean sometimes when the PC enters sleep mode sometimjes devices dissconnect
sometimes they don't(soundcard dissconnects most times if not all the time,
have not kept tabs, have to check..). When i enter windows again replug the
mousse in most times it will recognise but the soundcard will show in device
manager but not in "soun options" and will say this device is working
properly in device manager when obviously i can't use it. It sucks. Is there
any pattern forming here or is it time to send the Lappy in for a check up.
It was sent in once before to get the HD replaced because of bad sectors and
was dropped and damage was done to the left side of the alptop where the 2
left USB ports are situated, but on the side i connect my mopuse and
soundcard to there was no damaged atleast on the outside and don't think it
landed/damaged on that side.

If you need information on my Laptop it is a
Toshiba Satelite A300 PSAGCA (08W model i think), pm45 chipset, T9400
processor.

If you need more info let me know.

That is it...

Hope someone can help solve my problem, or help.

Cheers Thankyou,

Lee.
--
hi. hi. ya''''l from Aus