Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Old May 2nd 09, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
nick66

Default Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

I am having the same problem with my vista (ultimate 32 bit), and I also
couldn't find a solution.

I have noticed that when I start some games, windows gives me a popoup
that says that it had to change my visual theme to basic, not that it
actually solves the problem... I have set my visual theme to windows
basic my self to see if it helps and it doesn't.

I have read on some other forums that some people has started getting
the problem after installing updates.

--
nick66
nick66's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95792.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 6th 09, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
FrozenLord

I've reinstalled my machine and am using Vista x86 now.
Windows is 100% up to date and the problem hasn't happened again yet.
Vista changes the theme to Basic as soon as you start a fullscreen
game. As far as I know that's Vista's normal behaviour.

--
FrozenLord

Old June 24th 09, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
sammysamness

if anyone wants a quick solution
open the "failed full screen thing'
win+tab to it and right click it
it seems to work on mine
i have the same problem

--
sammysamness
Old June 24th 09, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
sammysamness

Old June 24th 09, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
sammysamness

oh but you need to assign a win+tab key to another key
like mine is set to left scroll
then you can scroll through and right click

--
sammysamness

Old June 26th 09, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
thomasbill

I _-WAS-_ experiencing this same issue. When I ran games or full screen
applications that would become minimized. Eventually, after some
investigation I found that it was indeed skype causing this issue...

However, _*this_can_be_resolved:_

*_The solution is simple, and will work for all versions of vista... In
SKYPE, go to TOOLSOPTIONSGENERAL - and change the 'Visual style of the
window' option to 'classic windows'. This should resolve your issue,
worked for me.

As an extra measure, I also ensured that I set the windows application
setting to run the program minamized. To do this, simply RIGHTCLICK THE
SKYPE ICON ON YOUR DESKTOP OR START MENU and choose PROPERTIES and
then from the RUN drop down menu, choose: minamized.

--
thomasbill