Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Old August 7th 09, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dane[_2_]

Default Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

I also had this problem, I just disabled Windows sidepanel and the
problem was solved...

--
Dane

Old November 27th 09, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
housewife

FrozenLord;4366962 Wrote:
I've got a problem with my Vista Home Premium x64 and haven't found a
solution so far.
My PC started recently to minimize some games to the tray when I start
them.
Those games a
- Sacred Gold
- Ghost Recon (inlcuding both addons)
- Tom Clancy's HAWX Demo
- Braid Demo

I can't figure out what's causing this...
The problem only started to occur recently - I don't know why. I
uninstalled everything I had installed recently, but to no avail.

My Specs a
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 (all updates installed)
Core 2 Duo T7200
4 GB Ram
Comodo Firewall (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)
avast Anti Virus (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)

Any tips and / or clues would be much appreciated :-)
FrozenLord[/QUOTE

Hi There
I have had this problem for months and this morning I have at last
hopefully solved it.
I have not been able to play any games, because as soon and i try to
open them they minimize and as much as I click to open them fully, the
go straight back in the tray!!!
This morning I turned of my SKYPE.
So far, so good. Every game opens straight away, first time.
I hope your problem turns out to be as simple as mine in the end.
And why didn't I think of this before!!!!!
By the way, My computer is Vista

--
housewife
housewife's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158709.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 17th 10, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Gunslinger

Hey,
So I was having the same problem as everyone else. I was playing the sc2
beta and I like to turn off game the game's soundtrack and listen to
iTunes and turns out I was scrobbling to last.fm and that little addon
that was minimized to the lower right hand side of my taskbar was
causing the issue.

--
Gunslinger