Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Old April 17th 09, 08:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
FrozenLord

Default Fullscreen games minimize to tray automatically

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Vista Home Premium x64 and haven't found a
solution so far.
My PC started recently to minimize some games to the tray when I start
them.
Those games a
- Sacred Gold
- Ghost Recon (inlcuding both addons)
- Tom Clancy's HAWX Demo
- Braid Demo

I can't figure out what's causing this...
The problem only started to occur recently - I don't know why. I
uninstalled everything I had installed recently, but to no avail.

My Specs a
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 (all updates installed)
Core 2 Duo T7200
4 GB Ram
Comodo Firewall (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)
avast Anti Virus (latest version - deactivating/closing doesn't help)

Any tips and / or clues would be much appreciated :-)
FrozenLord

--
FrozenLord
Old April 19th 09, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Adam Casada

One idea I have - you might check the properties of the shortcut you're
using to run the games. If, in the "Shortcut" tab, the "run" option is set
to "minimized", change it to "normal window".

- Adam

Old April 19th 09, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
FrozenLord

Thanks for the tip but unfortunatelly, this isn't the case.

I'm still clueless about why this problem occurs :-(.

Some sites report, that Comodo is causing this or the Skype 4 Beta -
which I have both installed. But deactivating (or exiting) both - which
is recommended on those sites to solve those problems in 100% of the
cases - didn't do anything for me.

--
FrozenLord

Old April 19th 09, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Adam Casada

Is there another program starting up at the same time that is demanding to
be switched to, therefore causing any other windows (i.e. your games) to
minimize?

Old April 19th 09, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
x-commando

I had the same problem on vista 32 with some games - the problem was coming
from the mouse which i changed recently...

Old April 20th 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
FrozenLord

Unfortunatelly, it's neither the mouse (a Logitech RX1000) nor a
different app.
The PC idles when I start up the game and I don't see any app when the
game minimizes that would need my attention.
I've got a Logitech V470, too. So I tried using that mouse and it
didn't help :-(

--
FrozenLord