Unable to install vista on 80gb samsung hdd

Old April 17th 09, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
victor0215

Default Unable to install vista on 80gb samsung hdd

Hi,

I have sahara computer and unable to install vista or xp on system , to
reinstall os it takes more an hr and also while formating it give error
mess like files are misiing and after format it gives the error mess
NTLDR misiing or corrupt , also tired to debug and try os nogo ,

Please help

--
victor0215
Old April 17th 09, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Malke[_2_]

victor0215 wrote:

Hi,

I have sahara computer and unable to install vista or xp on system , to
reinstall os it takes more an hr and also while formating it give error
mess like files are misiing and after format it gives the error mess
NTLDR misiing or corrupt , also tired to debug and try os nogo ,

The usual reasons for failure to uninstall an operating system are (going
from the first thing to check to the last):

1. Faulty installation media. Since you've tried both XP and Vista, this is
unlikely.

2. Faulty optical drive. Swap it out for a known-working one to test.

3. Faulty hard drive. Test with a diagnostic utility downloaded from the
drive mftr.'s website or use SeaTools For DOS. You will create a bootable
CD with the file you download. You will need third-party burning software
to do this such as Roxio, Nero, or the free CDBurnerXP Pro. Burn as an
image, not as data.

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Boot with the CD you made and do a thorough test of the drive. If it fails
any physical tests, replace it.

4. Faulty RAM. Test with Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org. Obviously, you
have to get the program from a working machine. You will download the .iso
to make a bootable cd. Burn the file with third-party burning software - as
an image, not as data. Then boot with the media you made (you may need to
change the boot priority in your BIOS so that the optical drive is the
first boot device). The test will run immediately. Let the test run for an
hour or two - unless errors are seen immediately. If you get any errors,
replace the RAM.

5. Other faulty hardware.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old April 17th 09, 09:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris[_8_]

"victor0215" wrote in message

Hi,

I have sahara computer and unable to install vista or xp on system , to
reinstall os it takes more an hr and also while formating it give error
mess like files are misiing and after format it gives the error mess
NTLDR misiing or corrupt , also tired to debug and try os nogo ,

Please he

____________________

Hi Victor--

Did you use the computer immediately before trying to format? If so what
was on the HD?

You said you are trying to reinstall the OS. What led to trying to
reinstall the OS?

Why are XP and Vista both being installed? Are you trying to dual boot?

What was the status of the HD just prior to install as Malke cites?

Exactly what error are you getting? Are you getting an error during the
attempt to format or the attempt to install XP or Vista or both the install
of XP, the install of Vista, and the attempt to format? How are you
attempting to format?

CH

victor0215

Old April 20th 09, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
victor0215

Hi All,

I try to install know good HDD everything working fine

Thanks for your help ......,

--
victor0215
Old April 20th 09, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Malke[_2_]

victor0215 wrote:

Hi All,

I try to install know good HDD everything working fine

Excellent. Glad to hear you got it sorted. Thanks for taking the time to
post back.

Malke

Old April 22nd 09, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
victor0215

Hi,

when i check my friends samsung hdd system was running fine and now i
purchase new seagate hdd 500gb and when i tried to install XP was giving
the error while boot from cd Error VGA.SYS fine missing or corrupt , i
also try to install Vista home prem SP1, OS was getting install but
system was freezed on completing installation
Memory on system is install more than 512mb

Please help

--
victor0215
Old April 22nd 09, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Malke[_2_]

victor0215 wrote:

Hi,

when i check my friends samsung hdd system was running fine and now i
purchase new seagate hdd 500gb and when i tried to install XP was giving
the error while boot from cd Error VGA.SYS fine missing or corrupt , i
also try to install Vista home prem SP1, OS was getting install but
system was freezed on completing installation
Memory on system is install more than 512mb

So this is a completely separate problem? Perhaps his motherboard can't
handle a 500MB hard drive. Run through the usual reasons for failure to
install an operating system that I already gave you. Or have your friend
take the machine to a competent local computer tech (not a
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad type of place).

Malke

Old April 22nd 09, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
victor0215

i check the manufacturer website, system can handle 500gb HDD
Any other suggestion ?

--
victor0215
Old April 22nd 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Curious[_5_]

What is the size of the primary partition you are trying to install into and
what format is it formatted in?
What is the configuration of your memory dims?
If using a pair of DDR2 dims is it a matched pair?
Does the system have the latest Vista compatible BIOS from the
manufacturers' web site installed?

I don't have all of the posts in this thread so please excuse me if you have
already provided the above information.

Old May 13th 09, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
organyx[_2_]

victor0215;1022258 Wrote:
Hi,

I have sahara computer and unable to install vista or xp on system , to
reinstall os it takes more an hr and also while formating it give error
mess like files are misiing and after format it gives the error mess
NTLDR misiing or corrupt , also tired to debug and try os nogo ,

Please help

I'm having a simillar problem, I have a question for you, is your hard
drive SATA or IDE? if it's SATA then your answer may lay in BIOS
settings, change sata/raid config setting to AHCI. if AHCI doesnt show
then set it to the other option.

My problem differs slightly, in that the vista installation process
stops at what do you want to install on, but none show, even loading
correct intel ich8r driver wont make the installation view the HD, which
does show in (BIOS), but since reading samsung disks are dififcult to
install on, I tried another drive I had laying around, 80GB 'Seagate',
and it installed with no problems....baffling to me, but try your BIOS
option if your using SATA.

any help for me would be apreciated, dell 9200

--
organyx