Vista Banter

-   -   Trying to Use Sound Recorder to Record T.V. Theme Music (http://www.vistabanter.com/160305-trying-use-sound-recorder-record-t-v-theme-music.html)

[email protected] April 18th 09 01:29 AM

Trying to Use Sound Recorder to Record T.V. Theme Music

I hold the microphone near the laptop speakers, but when I try to play
it back in Windows Media Player, there's silence. I've checked all the
Volume levels; everything's set to "max."

Richard G. Harper April 18th 09 08:48 AM

Trying to Use Sound Recorder to Record T.V. Theme Music

Have you checked to be sure the microphone is set as the active recording
device? Right-click the speaker in the system tray and select "Recording
Devices" and you can see and test active devices there.