Problem with Bluetooth (Home Prem X64)

Old April 20th 09, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
indijones

Default Problem with Bluetooth (Home Prem X64)

I have a Winstar Bluetooth dongle that I bought about 3 yrs back. I
installed it on a computer with winxp 32 bit using BlueSoleil and worked
perfectly. At least I could connect to cell phone though I was never
able to connect to Sony Ericson BT earphone. I have a new computer (Acer
E5621A) with Vista Home Prem X64. I tried to set up the dongle using
BlueSoleil for X64 (latest ver.). It installed perfectly but never
connected to my cell phone. I ran the IVT Hardware Check before
installing BlueSoleil and it showed that it was compatible. All the
connections in BlueSoleil shows "Idle", like COM3, COM5, ....... I
removed BlueSoleil, uninstalled driver, restarted computer, reinstalled
but the result is still the same. Search for Devices don't show
anything. The LED in dongle keeps blinking indicating that it's working.
I also tried WIDCOMM but it said that the dongle is imcompatible. I
would appreciate it very much if someone could advise me on that.
Thanks!

--
indijones
Old April 20th 09, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

If you have a Nokia phone you need BlueSoleil 5.0.5. The latest version
of that is 5.0.5.178 and you will need to find a download e.g.
http://w14.easy-share.com/6087941.html.

See http://europe.nokia.com/A4678152 for the required Bluetooth
stacks/software for Nokia PC Suite 7.1.

If you have another phone brand, check the supported BlueSoleil version.

Old April 23rd 09, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
indijones

It has nothing to do with the cell phone cause I'm using the same phone
(Sharp 903SH) and the same dongle. The problem is that the dongle
doesn't communicate with the cell under vista x64 even though the dongle
is installed properly. I guess it's one of those vista annoyances.

Dominic Payer;1024554 Wrote:
If you have a Nokia phone you need BlueSoleil 5.0.5. The latest version
of that is 5.0.5.178 and you will need to find a download e.g.
'Download BlueSoleil.v5.0.5.b178.rar, upload your files and earn
money.' (http://w14.easy-share.com/6087941.html).

See 'Nokia Europe - Nokia PC Suite - Support'

Old April 23rd 09, 07:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

You need to find the x64 BlueSoleil version your phone is happy with, or
find a dongle which works with the Microsoft or some other Bluetooth
stack. Unfortunately, dongle sellers rarely say which Bluetooth stack
the dongle is designed for or will work with.

This is not a Vista x64 problem, it is a BlueSoleil driver compatibility
problem. Latest drivers are not usually the answer for older hardwa
you need the x64 edition, if there is one, of whichever BlueSoleil
version you were using before.