Motorola Cell Phones x Vista

Old January 17th 07, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alexandre O. M. Pereira

Default Motorola Cell Phones x Vista

Did anyone find a solution for the Motorola Phone Tools to work with Windows
Vista ? Everytime I try to install it, it detects the cell phone, tries to
install Motorola USB modem driver and stops saying that "an error ocurred
while tring to install it" "an .inf file line is wrong or something else
...." I have already tried to run it as administrator, Win XP sp2 comp. mode
and nothing ... Always the same error. Tried all new drivers (and third
party drivers too) and nothing ...

Thanks for any help ...

Old January 17th 07, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike

"Alexandre O. M. Pereira" wrote in message
Did anyone find a solution for the Motorola Phone Tools to work with
Windows Vista ? Everytime I try to install it, it detects the cell phone,
tries to install Motorola USB modem driver and stops saying that "an error
ocurred while tring to install it" "an .inf file line is wrong or
something else ..." I have already tried to run it as administrator, Win
XP sp2 comp. mode and nothing ... Always the same error. Tried all new
drivers (and third party drivers too) and nothing ...

Thanks for any help ...

Call them...

In the US... 1-800-734-5871

Old January 17th 07, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Use valid Vista drivers from the manufacturer.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Old January 17th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

You need an updated version from Motorola. That's the only possible
"solution".

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old January 19th 07, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gary G. Little

Right click on the MPT installation and run it as an Admin.. You need
elevated privildeges to install it. I have Vista RTM, and MPT has been
working fine since the middle of December.

--
The personal opinion of
Gary G. Little

Old January 19th 07, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kmelby

Version 4.3.6c works perfectly on my ultimate RTM. I couldn't get my
earlier-version software to work AT ALL - not to update or install or
recognize the phone, so I had to email my license number in order to get
access to the complete download. I contacted them through the BVRP site.
They said they didn't have their vista software ready, but this version
works "like the book said".

BTW, I could get the MPT to install and work on some of the earlier vista
beta versions, but not on the rtm. Go figure!

Old January 28th 07, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jesusg

You need MPT 4.3.6c and an updated driver from www.bvrpforums.com/drivertool
in order to connect your phone in Vista.
--
Jesús Guinda