Vista Banter

-   -   And now I cant install Vista x64! (http://www.vistabanter.com/160830-now-i-cant-install-vista-x64.html)

Roost April 24th 09 07:47 AM

And now I cant install Vista x64!

First thing, hello, Im new here cos I've been having some problems with
my Vista Ultimate, I installed it 1 and half months ago without any
problem but yesterday I was checking my 17 Gbs partition without enough
space (where vista is installed) so I usea a partition software to
delete another one and use that space in my vista partition, before I
delete the other partition, this software warn me about something wrong
in my v partition so I (yes I now Im stupid) didnt read and just click
the tes button a couple of times.

And when I reboot the computer I just recive a blue screen with the
0x7b error and I tried to fix the problem... I couldnt so I just tried
to reinstall but the horrible blue screen shows every single time I
tried to reinstall or boot in vista, I even tried to format that
partition (NTFS) without any luck. I) check the sata thing in my bios
and is disabled, I even tried to repair the boot with a rescue x64 disk,
rebuild de mbr with active partition recovery and... no luck.

Please help, I really want to use (again) Vista x64 in my computer.

Thx in advance!

--
Roost

Richard Urban April 24th 09 08:43 AM

And now I cant install Vista x64!

Did you use Partition Magic? If so, and you allowed it to repair "errors" it
claims to find, you have destroyed your system.

The only way out is to delete *ALL* partitions on the drive and then create
and format new partitions - using a compatible program.

You will have to use a compatible partitioning tool. If you have deleted all
the partitions on the drive and it is now clean you can use the Windows
setup program on the DVD to create and format a new partition.

Many people here use Acronis Disk Director Suite from www.acronis.com to
handle their disk partitioning chores under Vista. It also works well with
Windows 7 beta!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP