Vista Banter

-   -   Force reboot the machine (http://www.vistabanter.com/160960-force-reboot-machine.html)

hksingh April 26th 09 12:43 PM

Force reboot the machine

My laptop went to hibernate and when i pressed the power button to wake
it up. The laptop seems to respnd fine, the LCD is blank(pitch black). I
need to reboot my machine. Pressing power button again puts into sleep
once more. I am unable to reboot my machine. Is there any other way to
reboot my machine?

Here's my machine detail
1. HP dv6000t
2. OS : Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Let me know if you need additional informaiton

--
hksingh

Badger[_2_] April 26th 09 02:36 PM

Force reboot the machine

What happens if you just shut down, disconnect the battery and after about
30 seconds, restart from scratch.

pacinitaly April 26th 09 03:06 PM

Force reboot the machine

Hi

Try to HOLD the power button down.

also, attached I give you an app to reboot or shutdown

add this to your shortcut target for reboot
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t 01

add this to your shortcut target for shutdown
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 01

--
pacinitaly

ASCII stupid question, Get A Stupid ANSI

Curious[_5_] April 26th 09 04:30 PM

Force reboot the machine

hksingh,
Are you sure that you computer is not running and instead not displaying
anything when it running. If it is running you would see the drive
activity light active for example if you hit the start key.

hksingh April 26th 09 07:52 PM

Force reboot the machine

Yes the machine is on since i could see the activity light on the hard
drive. I tried everything still it does not reboot.
Took my battery off, still doesnt make much difference.
I am not sure what else can I do, this is so frustrating..........

--
hksingh

Curious[_5_] April 26th 09 08:29 PM

Force reboot the machine

Then I think it is rebooting and running and that there is a failure in the
display causing nothing to be seen.