Vista Banter

-   -   Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING (http://www.vistabanter.com/161395-dell-a960-printer-wont-print-status-deleting.html)

Homeuser May 2nd 09 12:29 AM

Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING

Ok, Im not sure where to put this thread. I have a Dell A960 All-in-One
Printer installed (Hardwired) onto my Vista Ultimate x64 Machine..I have
installed the Drivers for it and it is working fine on this machine...

Now, I have an HP Laptop running XP on it, which is connected to my
Network, wirelessly. I can see my network and printer and put folders
and files into my network folders/computers. It appears that I can print
as well, as when I print, the window pops up and says "Printing".

Problem: It won't print!
I go into my Printer in my Vista Machine and it shows in the status
"Deleting"

The Printer is "shared"

What do I need to do?????

Thanks in advance!!

--
Homeuser

Manny Weisbord May 2nd 09 12:50 AM

Homeuser wrote:

Ok, Im not sure where to put this thread. I have a Dell A960 All-in-One
Printer installed (Hardwired) onto my Vista Ultimate x64 Machine..I have
installed the Drivers for it and it is working fine on this machine...

Now, I have an HP Laptop running XP on it, which is connected to my
Network, wirelessly. I can see my network and printer and put folders
and files into my network folders/computers. It appears that I can print
as well, as when I print, the window pops up and says "Printing".

Problem: It won't print!
I go into my Printer in my Vista Machine and it shows in the status
"Deleting"

The Printer is "shared"

What do I need to do?????

Thanks in advance!!

Install the XP drivers for the printer on the XP machine.

Richard Urban May 2nd 09 02:28 PM

Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING

What Manny said. The printer drivers must be installed on every computer you
want to be able to us the shared printer.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Homeuser May 2nd 09 05:21 PM

Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING

I'll post how I make out...weird...never had to do this before....but
I've tried everything...why not this....

--
Homeuser

Homeuser May 2nd 09 06:22 PM

Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING

nope. there is no way to install the "network Printer" Drivers...I went
to add printer and install drivers and nothing..........

--
Homeuser

Manny Weisbord May 2nd 09 07:33 PM

Homeuser wrote:

nope. there is no way to install the "network Printer" Drivers...I went
to add printer and install drivers and nothing..........

USING the XP computer... go to the mfr website, download XP drivers
and install them as if it was a stand-alone machine.

Just for the heck of it, disconnect the XP machine from your network
before installing.

Homeuser May 3rd 09 07:53 PM

Dell A960 Printer Won't print-STATUS=DELETING

If I do this, I need to hard wire the printer to my XP machine.....but I
will try this...but it seems as if the drivers are insalled as it prints
fine from my xp machine...but when I check the status on the vista
machine...it's "deleting-sent to printer"

--
Homeuser