Please Help!!!!!

Old May 15th 09, 11:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
argowen

Default Please Help!!!!!

berrybarath;1043839 Wrote:
Thanks Vinnya

Let me explain clearly.
i had an problem with playing games. that means my computer freezes
while gaming. i tried to upgrade and degrade my graphic card driver but
i didnt solved my problem. my friend suggest me to update BIOS. this is
the exact reason for updating bios. now my problem solved with playing
games and started with vista. i like vista because of the HD sound
capability,DX10, themes, fast browsing etc.... i am ready to sacrifice
vista ( with worries ) but i just want to know the reason why its
happening. why i got no problem with the trial version and i have the
problem with the activated version. (sorry if my doubts seems to be
silly.)

Do you have a DirectX10 compliant graphics card or is it 9? if you load
your PC and find out what card it is let us know. You may be better off
using XP and then if you really like the vista inteface you can re-skin
XP with something like windowblinds etc.

--
argowen
Old May 15th 09, 03:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
berrybarath

Thanks Argowen,

i have xfx9600GT pcie it has full support for directx 10. u are
telling about the themes but iam asking about the overall performance.
any way thank you for your help and support. replies from this site are
great. u guys are awesome!

--
berrybarath
Old May 15th 09, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
vinnya

Argowen sounds like he has a good idea. This is a little out of my
league. But I'm glad that one problem was solved. But that how Vista is.
It is one problem after another. I am still battling my own problems
with Vista, such as a slow-loading Internet Explorer and intermittent
keyboard......

--
vinnya
Old May 15th 09, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
vinnya

I think I might have an idea for your problem, Berrybarath. I found that
Vista freezes on me too when I have too many progams opened at once. It
could be that you don't have enough RAM. You should add more RAM. I
found that Vista is very wimpy when it comes to programs. It seems to be
more unstable when multiple programs open up. Also, do you antivirus and
anti-Maleware programs on your computer?? Sometimes a virus or maleware
can cause sudden freezing of programs or cause them to act weird or
become inordinately slooow.(meant to do that to show you how slow Vista
can be, LOL). I recommend Norton 360, it is the best out there, and
Malewarebytes Anti-maleware program. It is free, and is phenominal!! It
is constantly updating (like Norton Antivirus) and will keep your
computer clean. Try running both programs to make sure there is nothing
on your computer that will cause it to freeze or act weird. I also
recommend for everyone to download the following maintenance programs,
which are all free (but can be bought for like $30 each, well worth the
price):

Advance System care 3 from Iobit-one of the best maintenance programs
out
there. Does everything from remove clutter from your computer, to
defragging, to registry repair/defrag (very, very important because the
registry is the computer's engine, and everytime you open a program,
update or download something, or remove a program, you registry gets
cluttered with junk that slows down the computer), to speeding up the
internet. Also hs an excellent feature called "deep clean" which
releases some RAM by closing unneccessary programs. I use it several
times until I have at least 1200 RAM on mine, but that all depends on
total RAM. I have 1975 RAM total available.

Easy clean registry repair- repairs registry by removing unused
registry entries
PC Checkup- Also excellent for removing useless files and unwanted temp
internet files. I wouldn't recommend using the defrag on this because it
might not work for some reason. Use Advanced system care and the next
program for that.
SpeedItUp (free version)-Has a multi-feature setup that has a Windows
optimization, RAM booster, internet cleaner and hard disk speedup.

Download these programs, follow the instructions and use them everytime
you use the computer, before you shutdown. I can guarantee that your
Vista will run better. And if you are interested, there are some tweaks
you can do to your registry(some in the command prompt, run as
administrator, and some in registry editor(regedit, again as an
administrator. Do this by right-clicking on either the command prompt or
regedit,whatever you are in at the time). Just go to
Speedguide.net-Windows Vista tweaks, and Windows registry
guide('www.pctools.com\guides\registry'
(http://www.pctools.com\guides\registry)) and follow the instructions.
Make sure you backup your registry first just in case something happens
and it doesn't work, but I never had a problem and found these tweaks to
be very helpful. Remember, this is for someone who is advanced and knows
a little about Vista, but like I said before, I did it several times
already (had to reinstall windows twice already with Vista,so you see
what I mean about problems..) and it works great, at least for until
Vista freaks out.
Hope this helps,
vinnya

--
vinnya
Old May 15th 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Manny Weisbord

vinnya wrote:

I think I might have an idea for your problem, Berrybarath.

[snip]

Most of the programs "vinnya" guarantees will help you are pure
unadulterated crap and some might even HURT you.

Disregard anything from the bozo.
Old May 16th 09, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
vinnya

So I'm a bozo, hey Manny?? Well let me tell you something, pal. I've
been using all these programs I said without incident. What the hell do
you know?? If you think you got a solution to his problem then let's
hear it or shut the hell up!! You can walk the walk, but can you talk
the talk, huh??? Have you ever used advanced system 3 or speeditup? You
don't what the hell you are talking about! And as far as those tweaks
are concerned, I said that those are for advanced persons who have some
experience, but I *never*, and I'll say it again because I know you are
a little slow, *never* had a problem with these tweaks!! In fact, after
doing the tweaks and constant maintenance programs I recommended, the
computer was running *great *for a while. It was extremely fast (I have
Verizon fios, which is supposed to be 10 megs and 2 megs, but after the
tweak, it was 14 and 4, quite a jump in speed, faster than advertised!
The programs also loaded faster and I didn't have any problem with
freezing. But when you have Vista, it is only good for a while before it
starts to get all freaky. But if you know about Vista, you would know
that now, wouldn't you?? You obviously don't and are talking out your
ass. Let me tell you something. I learned computer the *hard *way!! I
had a Packard Bell, the worst computer ever made with windows 95, the
worst operating system *ever*. I had to completely reinstall windows
every 3 months. That means removing and reinstalling the partition,
reformatting the drive and then reinstalling windows, so don't tell me
about computers pal. I may not have had any formal training but I'll run
rings around you when it comes to computers. As far as what I said
before, I'm sticking with it because I believe what i said is the right
thing and if you think you have the answer, well let's hear it or shut
the hell up.

--
vinnya
Old May 16th 09, 06:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Manny Weisbord

vinnya wrote:

So I'm a bozo, hey Manny??

[snip]