help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?

Old May 10th 09, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
LunaMoon

Default help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC?

I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it.
I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack
file.
It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC,
when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN
connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open
for RDP port.
But the moment when I move out of my home, and bring the laptop to an
outside network, I cann't connect to the Vista Home PC anymore.
Any thoughts?
If RDP to Vista is not an option. What is the next best remote
connection software that allows smooth file transform and clipboard
transfer, as seamless as RDP?
Thanks!
Old May 11th 09, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bruce Chambers

LunaMoon wrote:

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software
product would be of any use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Old May 11th 09, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Curious[_4_]

Why can you not configure the router?
If you read the router user guide from the router's CD or from the
manufacturers Website you should be able to reset the router to its defaults
so you can log on to it from your PC.
What make/model router do you have?

"Bruce Chambers" wrote in message
LunaMoon wrote:

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software product
would be of any use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
Russell

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Old May 11th 09, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Patrick Keenan

"Curious" wrote in message
Why can you not configure the router?

I would suspect that the OP is not *allowed* to do so.

LunaMoon wrote:

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software
product would be of any use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
Russell

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Old May 12th 09, 07:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Malcolm McCaffery

Generally logmein will work , with no router configuration, because it uses
standard web traffic ports.

Available here https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

but it does mean trusting access to your PC to a 3rd party.

Also live mesh from microsoft http://www.mesh.com will work in a similar
way. I have used it to successfully connect to Windows Vista x64 Home
Premium across the internet, with no router configuration.

regards,

Malcolm.

LunaMoon wrote:

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

Without being able to properly configuring the router, no software
product would be of any use.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
Russell

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Old May 14th 09, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bill Kearney

Okay! I have no way of configuring the router.
Any other next best remote control software?

It's your router, in your home, why can't you configure it?

Are you interested in remote controlling your home PC console session? If
so then look into something like logmein.com

And don't shot-gun questions to a dozen different groups. Pick one. It's
just rude otherwise.

-Bill Kearney

Old May 14th 09, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Bill Kearney

You may also wish to consider that you are now in violation of your
license for Windows Vista by hacking the version you have to have to gain
access to features you have not paid for or are licensed to use.
Frankly, with your disregard for licensing and paying for what you use,
you might have well as just stolen (aka downloaded) a version of Ultimate
Edition instead.

No point in helping the man, right? I mean, it's far easier to just
pontificate about licensing.

Good thing others are actually interested in being helpful, unlike you.