Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?)

Old May 15th 09, 08:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Abubakar[_3_]

Default Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?)

Well thats a separate discussion as to all the engineers there are smarter
than you and me. I absolutely understand why safe mode exists, and it is
exactly the words that you wrote to describe it . I never intended on
insisting on using safe mode, I just got into the discussion started by
someone else whose primary purpose of asking this question is not really
clear to me. I was just reading posts and while reading this one a simple
question came to my mind "hey is it really impossible to do that?", just
like I would have in real life if I had heard two people talking about this,
and received the fine answers that you guys have been giving me. Thanks

"Richard Urban" wrote in message
The idea is to block all but the essential drivers. By doing this you are
more likely able to get **INTO** Safe Mode when there is a system problem.
Also, various nefarious malware/virus' will not be able to load so you can
therefore better cleanse the system from an infection when in safe mode.

Why people insist on doing things against the operating system is beyond
my comprehension! Believe me when I say that this was well thought out in
advance by engineers smarter than you and I.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Abubakar" wrote in message

"Manny Weisbord" wrote in message
"Abubakar" wrote:

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote in message
.. .
"Automaticgood" wrote in message

Hello, im useing Windows vista home premium 32bit.
i was wandering if their was a way to edit the registry or use a
Command Prompt Phrase to manually enable the sound drives?

the reason that im in safe mode is just because O.o well, i got more
access too things, and yes Normal mode works PERFECTLY so dont ask :P

So..
Any Solutions?

--
Automaticgood

The idea behind safe mode is that it runs on minimum configuration,
i.e.
NO DRIVERS other than the very basic stuff..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

The purpose is fine but is it really impossible to load the drivers for
sound device in safe mode?

If they aren't already loaded, there's nothing you can do TO load
them.

Interesting, so windows does not have any concept of loading the kind of
driver that sound drivers are after the system is completely booted.

Old May 15th 09, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

I realized after I posted that you are not the O/P.

Maybe he will come back and actually read the answers so that he will know
that what he wants to do is a no go.

--

"Abubakar" wrote:

. ..

Old May 15th 09, 09:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MSDOS

That is a gr8 idea mate. Why don't you share this with Microsoft ??? ,
they need more people like you...Cheers.

--
MSDOS

'*[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-1.gif]Diary of a
Software Tech*_
http://www.grdead.wordpress.com_' (http://www.grdead.wordpress.com)
Old May 17th 09, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Automaticgood

Hmm, i guess it is done, though, i dont really care about sound now,
what about video?
i mean i know their loaded but i want it fully enabled, im useing
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Their has too be a way, everything has a backdoor doesnt it? i looked
in the registry with regedit, but im not shure what too load on it,
because i dont understand "scvbf" or w/e

--
Automaticgood
Old May 17th 09, 03:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

"Automaticgood" wrote in message

Hmm, i guess it is done, though, i dont really care about sound now,
what about video?
i mean i know their loaded but i want it fully enabled, im useing
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Their has too be a way, everything has a backdoor doesnt it? i looked
in the registry with regedit, but im not shure what too load on it,
because i dont understand "scvbf" or w/e

--
Automaticgood

Safe Mode loads only as much as is needed to get the computer running.

In the case of video, that would be VGA 640 x 480..

Old May 17th 09, 08:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Abubakar[_3_]

It seems you have not read all the posts up there, its been so clearly
mentioned that it cannot be done. I believe if you take time to read all the
posts in this thread you would have nothing left to ask here about this.

Old May 17th 09, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Automaticgood

I Have read them all, and i understand now, but one more question. is
their a way to make normal mode "safe" like safemode? except with sound
and stuff.
but safe like not letting a program mess with your drivers or somthing?
that would be cool if their was

--
Automaticgood
Old May 17th 09, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

"Automaticgood" wrote in message

I Have read them all, and i understand now, but one more question. is
their a way to make normal mode "safe" like safemode? except with sound
and stuff.
but safe like not letting a program mess with your drivers or somthing?
that would be cool if their was

--
Automaticgood

Leave UAC active and it will be fairly secure. If you want real security, do
not install anything other than the OS, do not update anything, and do not
connect to the internet EVER..