Boycott Vista

Old January 19th 07, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
x1a4

Default Boycott Vista

http://badvista.fsf.org/

“Vista is an upsell masquerading as an upgrade. It is an overall
regression when you look at the most important aspect of owning and
using a computer: your control over what it does. Obviously MS Windows
is already proprietary and very restrictive, and *well worth rejecting*.
But the new *'features' in Vista are a Trojan Horse* to smuggle in even
more restrictions. We'll be focusing attention on detailing how they
work, how to resist them, and why people should care”,

--FSF Program Administrator John Sullivan.

http://www.fsf.org/news/badvista-launch

Old January 19th 07, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Richard Urban

I don't think so!

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Old January 19th 07, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
John E. Carty

If you don't like it, don't buy/use it. As for me, I run Vista Ultimate (free for participating in the Vista TechBeta) and love it :-)
Old January 19th 07, 07:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Shenan Stanley

x1a4 wrote:
http://b4dv1st4.fsf.0rg/

snipped repetative 'quote'
links have been modified

http://www.fsf.0rg/n3ws/b4dv1st4-l4unch

*note: out of 23+ multi-posts, 8+ different subject lines...*

I'm all about your right to say whatever you want.
Go for it.

However - could you hone your spamming method of
advertising by learning to cross-post? Seeing this
same thread over-and-over - sometimes with slightly
different subject lines - always unread because you
multi-posted instead is just annoying to me.

It does not want to make me visit your web page or
read the slant you have taken on any web page, but leads
me to believe you are nothing more than a spammer.

Doesn't matter if that is fact or fiction...
It's an impression - just like one would get when watching
late night TV and seeing some of the ads for some of the
ridiculous products and get-rich quick schemes. In other
words - it doesn't shine the most positive light on
whatever message you may be trying to spread.

I am *not* attacking your message. Go for it.

I may not agree with your language or the extremeness of
some of your politics - but I am grateful I don't - or
how boring would this life be?

Old January 19th 07, 12:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Kevin Spencer

*Yawn*

People like you are incredibly predictable. You think you're "bucking
against the establishment" and "non-conformist," but you are really naive,
and don't have an original thought in your head. This is nothing new. It is
only new to you. And you are new to reality. Give yourself a good slap,
shake the cobwebs out of your head, and take a good hard look at how things
really are, starting with yourself - if you dare.

As my Uncle Chutney sez: If the truth hurts, wear it.
And: Neither a follower nor a lender be.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Software Composer
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

In case of Minimalism, break Philip Glass.

snip

Old January 22nd 07, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jake

I'm sick of this, Vista is a fine product. Its about 10 times better then any version of linux I've ever seen. As for it not being an upgrade thats what it is. Its a stepping stone inbetween xp and blackcomb/vienna. (I'm still hoping for it) Anyway free software can still work on windows. Plus vista can duel boott linux. Also oh yea COMPATABILITY maybe your fine with minesweeper but I'm ready for Elderschrolls 5. If you want to speak out against a corperation try haliburton.