ATI Radeon HD 4830 card to Samsung LN-S4695D LCD HDTV

Old May 15th 09, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCMackie

Default ATI Radeon HD 4830 card to Samsung LN-S4695D LCD HDTV

When trying to run a Windows Photo Gallery slide show, the screen goes
black and the TV reports "no signal".

Some web blogs suggest it can be solved by changing the "ICC Profile".

Does anyone know where I could get such ? I had no luck on the Samsung
website

--
DCMackie

Old May 16th 09, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RalfG[_3_]

"DCMackie" wrote in message
news

When trying to run a Windows Photo Gallery slide show, the screen goes
black and the TV reports "no signal".

Some web blogs suggest it can be solved by changing the "ICC Profile".

Does anyone know where I could get such ? I had no luck on the Samsung
website

--
DCMackie

That would a colour profile for the display. If a specific profile exists
for the Samsung it should have been installed along with computer drivers
for the TV, but there don't seem to be any of those either unless Windows
includes a driver other than one of the generic monitor drivers. You can use
the standard sRGB color profile in Windows as an alternative.

Really though it sounds more like the video signal is being changed to a
resolution or refresh rate that is incompatible with the TV. Your options
may vary depending on how you have the TV connected to the computer. Your
owners manual should specify which resolutions are possible on each of the
connection types. DVI or VGA would be the preferred connection types for
hooking up to a computer. The video refresh rate should be locked at 60Hz
via the computer's advanced Display settings. You might have other
TV-specific options provided by your video card drivers, either in the
advanced display settings or via a separate utility.

Old May 16th 09, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

DCM....,
The PC chapter of your Samsung users manual contains the details of what
resolutions it will accept on each of it's interfaces. Only recent Samsung
HDTV models have the ability do disable overscan over HDMI using Just Scan
mode so if running PC applications the VGA interface would be preferred
since it does not overscan the input.
What Model Samsung do you have?

"RalfG" wrote in message

news

Old May 18th 09, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DCMackie[_2_]

It is a LN-S4595D

--
DCMackie

Old May 18th 09, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Duh, I didn't look at the subject line.
What resolution are you outputting to the TV over what interface?
Best appears to be 1920x1080 over VGA

"DCMackie" wrote in message
news

It is a LN-S4595D