Old March 16th 07, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Mark A Stover

Default no response from router

Network router will not respond using Internet Explorer in Windows Vista!

I have a new Windows Vista PC and using the Internet Explorer, the Router
would not respond to setup or access commands! The router works OK and it
will connect to the internet and other computers on the network

I then tried to access the router using the FireFox browser and it works
just fine. You can download and install the Mozilla FireFox for Windows
Vista for free. Just give it a try.

I am using Linksys routers and have even tried 2 different models and both
do exactly the same thing. They will not respond using the Vista Internet
Explorer but when you use the FireFox they will respond and work just fine.

Mark

"Ian" wrote in message ...
Did you fix this? I have the same problem.

Ian

http://www.eggheadcafe.com