A Deleted Folder keeps recreating

Old May 17th 09, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Samthesudden

Default A Deleted Folder keeps recreating

Dear all,

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents
folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to
stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I
just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be malware
of some sort and I scanned my computer with Norton, Ad-Aware and Spybot
search and Destroy and did not turn up anything more than cookie trackers.
It appears to be this particular folder. I have deleted others and they do
stay deleted. I do not find anything significantly different in the folder
properties.

Any advice appreciated on how I can delete this folder once and for all.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Old May 17th 09, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Malke[_2_]

Samthesudden wrote:

Dear all,

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents
folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to
stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I
just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be
malware
of some sort and I scanned my computer with Norton, Ad-Aware and Spybot
search and Destroy and did not turn up anything more than cookie trackers.
It appears to be this particular folder. I have deleted others and they do
stay deleted. I do not find anything significantly different in the folder
properties.

What happens if you rename the folder and then delete it? Make sure it is
empty first, deleting contents first.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old May 17th 09, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bob

If all else fails try this freebie:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fileshredder2.html

Old May 19th 09, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Samthesudden

Dear Bob and Malke,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I finally figured out what was happening, by accident. I had saved that
folder as the default download location in Google Chrome, and whenever I
deleted, it kept getting recreated after a while. or when I restarted the
machine. Now, I have removed that folder from there. That problem is solved
now. It had me worried for a while, as the last time I had this kind of
problem it turned out to be the rapidblaster trojan.

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Old May 19th 09, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Malke[_2_]

Samthesudden wrote:

Dear Bob and Malke,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I finally figured out what was happening, by accident. I had saved that
folder as the default download location in Google Chrome, and whenever I
deleted, it kept getting recreated after a while. or when I restarted the
machine. Now, I have removed that folder from there. That problem is
solved now. It had me worried for a while, as the last time I had this
kind of problem it turned out to be the rapidblaster trojan.

Wow, I never would have thought of that. I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks
for taking the time to let us know the solution.

Malke