Vista Banter

-   -   Trouble with WiFi (http://www.vistabanter.com/162691-trouble-wifi.html)

artheus May 19th 09 11:31 AM

Trouble with WiFi

Hi!

A while ago I bought a ASUS F3Tc and with it I got Vista: Home Premium.
So, connecting to a wifi/wlan is no problem at all. But after a while
the connection dies, no matter which network I connect to. Even if I sit
2 inches from the wireless router I get disconnectet after a short
while.. And that is really bothering me.. because I'm a web-developer,
and I have to have a stable connection to the internet. I know that
there are alot of other people who have got the same problem as me.. And
that is only with Vista.
Cause if I install Linux on my laptop, the wifi is stable. And it
doesn't disconnect at all..

So what is the problem?
And.. Is there a fix for it?

Cheers,
Artheus

--
artheus

tanuj_chadha[_8_] May 19th 09 05:35 PM

Trouble with WiFi

Did you try to change the channel on the wireless router ??

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:

Spirit[_5_] May 19th 09 06:24 PM

Trouble with WiFi

1. Check with ASUS to see if there are updated drivers.
Usually there are since when a machine gets into production
the driver set assigned are likely very new and buggy.

2. Do not sit that close to your Wifi Router, 3 foot minimum
should he about right.

3. Are you broadcasting the SSID (Router name)? Not doing
so adds a bit of security on a small network however some
routers are intermittent when the SSID is not broadcast.

4. Lastly you might need to upgrade your Router's firmware.

Tom[_25_] May 21st 09 08:35 AM

Trouble with WiFi

I have the same problem with my Asus G50VT-X5. I have to turn on and off
the wlan to reset the connection. All my computers work except the Asus.
Device Manager shows that the Wlan card is a Intel 5100 and the driver is
dated back 2008. So, I downloaded a newer driver from Intel. It seems to
work so far.

Erich Oelschlegel June 11th 09 11:55 PM

Trouble with WiFi

read
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=US&sloc=&p=1
and see if my problem is the same as your problem.

-erich

Curious[_4_] June 12th 09 12:56 AM

Trouble with WiFi

Have you tried changing the wireless channel number to the lowest and/or
highest available?
Do you also have a home wireless phone base station located near the
router?

"Erich Oelschlegel" Erich wrote in
message ...