Old March 17th 07, 04:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Claudia

Default Resolution Reset on Startup

"Andy" wrote:

I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
I can solve this?

I am having the same problem. I have a 3 month old Dell laptop and the
resolution keeps changing. At times the screen will go black in the middle of
working and changes the resolution. If you find a solution to this let me
know.