Burner Problem

Old May 21st 09, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tyanak

Default Burner Problem

Help! I cannot burn stuff from my burner...i tried burning music,
selected the correct format, then it proceeds to windows media player.
it doesn't have any problems until it finalizes the cd or dvd although a
message appears that burning was completed O.o when i check the cd/dvd
there's nothing on there! i have no problems playing music or movies on
my dvd-rom...thanks in advance!

--
tyanak
Old May 22nd 09, 09:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
THE C. [MSFT MVP]

Try using a different burning software. Look at filehippo.com, do a search
form there type CDBrunerxp. Download and install. Try to create and burn your
cd/dvd's again. I think you will like it, and it is really easy to use. Good
Luck!

--
Computer/Software Tech.

Make it a great day!

Charles Richmond

Old May 23rd 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

You are a fake wanabee MVP. At least give the correct answer which you are not
capable of . Go away and get a life

--
Peter

Old May 23rd 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

This can occur when your computer incorrectly detects the drive as a non-recordable
device.

Step 1: Back up the registry
To back up the registry so that you can restore it if you have problems later,
follow these steps:
1.. Click Start, and then click Run.
2.. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3.. Click to open the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\CD
Burning\Drives
4.. On the File menu, click Export.
5.. In the File name box, type backup of drives key, note the location where you
are saving the file, and then click Save.

Note If you have problems later, you can restore this registry subkey by
double-clicking the backup of drives key.reg file that you saved.
Step 2: Edit the drive type value of the volume folder
To edit the drive type so that Windows recognizes the drive as recordable, follow
these steps:
1.. In the navigation pane of the Registry Editor window, click the Volume{GUID}
folder under Drives, where GUID is a 32-character identifier.

Note If your computer has more than one CD drive, an additional Volume{GUID}
folder is listed for each drive.
2.. In the right side of the Registry Editor window, double-click Drive Type.
3.. In the Value data box, type 1 if the drive is a CD-R drive or 2 if it is a
CD-RW drive.
4.. Click OK, and then close Registry Editor.
Step 3: Verify that Windows recognizes the drive as a recordable device
To see whether Windows recognizes the drive as a recordable device now, follow these
steps:
1.. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2.. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the CD-R drive or CD-RW
drive, and then click Properties.
3.. If the Recording tab is displayed, Windows recognizes the drive as a
recordable device.
4.. Click Cancel

--
Peter

Old May 24th 09, 06:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LQ

On 5ÔÂ22ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç1ʱ51·Ö, tyanak wrote:
Help! I cannotburnstuff from my burner...i tried burning music,
selected the correct format, then it proceeds to windows media player.
it doesn't have any problems until it finalizes the cd ordvdalthough a
message appears that burning was completed O.o when i check the cd/dvd
there's nothing on there! i have no problems playing music or movies on
mydvd-rom...thanks in advance!

--
tyanak

Did you hear of the Total Video2Dvd?I think it is your best
choice.it's safe and works pretty well.It is the most powerful
conversion tool that it can ¡°Auto Convert and Burn MKV, Blu-ray TS,
M2TS, AVCHD MTS, HDV1080i, Divx, Rm, Wmv, Avi to DVD Video Disc
directly.¡±It is very easy to use, and offer the better quality,.You
can try it.
Source(s):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rch& aq=o&oq=
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm

Old May 24th 09, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

tyanak,
Here is a MS link to the problem on XP with recognizing optical drives. It
appears that Peter has quoted most of it for your problem on Vista even
though you have no problem recognizing the drives since the writing starts
but does not complete on Vista. So his advice does not appear to apply to
your problem and possibly "THE C's" suggestion is a good one.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316529

Also we do not really know if "The C" is or is not a MVP since MVPs can
elect that they not be listed in the MVP listing available to the public,

Old May 25th 09, 04:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter Foldes

Curious

Also we do not really know if "The C" is or is not a MVP since MVPs can elect that
they not be listed in the MVP listing available to the public,

Take it from me and others that ( The C ) he is not an MVP. And oh yes. My advice
was good since the OP posted the following ( "it doesn't have any problems until it
finalizes the cd"). The MS KB you posted does not apply since the OP can start the
burn without issues and go through to the finish but has problems finalizing it.
Read the post correctly next time out.

BTW the advice that "The C " gave to use another burner software is not the answer
here
--
Peter

Old May 25th 09, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

What I do not understand is how come the burning even started if the cause
of not being able to finalize is as you posted:

Old May 25th 09, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tyanak

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I did the step 3 of Peter's suggestion
and my computer does recognize my dvd-rom as a recording device...I
can't say that my dvd-rom is damaged since it still can read any disc I
play on it. -_-

--
tyanak
Old May 26th 09, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

When burning the files did a light on the front of the drive indicate that
it was burning?

If you look at the bottom of a disk that did not finish does it appear to
have burned the files?