Caps Lock Indicator

Old May 26th 09, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Default Caps Lock Indicator

Hi, Bara.

My new computer is a Dell studio xps435mt with vista home premume 64.

Did an owner's manual came with that new computer. Have you read it? What
does it say?

Did that keyboard come with the computer, or did you add it on?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"bara" wrote in message

bara;1263793 Wrote:
On my XP whenever I switched the caps lock on or off there was a note on
the right bottom corner.
Bara

Curious;1263716 Wrote:
Since you don't provide the make and model number of your new computer
it is
hard to say where the Caps Loc indicator is.
"bara" wrote in message

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm

still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

Thanks, Curious,
My new computer is a Dell studio xps435mt with vista home premume 64.
Is there a way to see any indication of change in the caps lock
position?
Bara

--
bara

Old May 26th 09, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

"bara" wrote in message

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm
still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

Thanks, Curious,
My new computer is a Dell studio xps435mt with vista home premume 64.
Is there a way to see any indication of change in the caps lock
position?
Bara

--
bara

But the old 'Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse will work without drivers
at a basic level, and will display the screen popups if the latest software
is installed..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Old May 27th 09, 10:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Murray[_8_]

Depends on the model of the MS Wireless K/B. The indicators for my keyboard
are on the receiver/transmitter.

Status LED's for Caps, Num and Scroll Lock (like they would be on any other
standard keyboard).

The MS IntelliType software also provides an onscreen indicator that pops up
with the status.

Just go to www.microsoft.com and go to the hardware products pages
(Keyboards) and download the IntelliType software.

Old May 27th 09, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_3_]

That was the point I made in my earlier post, the OP needs to install the
software, I was just pointing out that everyone seems to be missing the fact
that the OP is using a different KB and mouse than the PC shipped with and
directing them to the PC owners manual, or asking for the model of the PC,
which is irrelevant.