Caps Lock Indicator

Old May 25th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bara

Default Caps Lock Indicator

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

Old May 25th 09, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

The caps lock indicator is a function of the keyboard - not the operating
system. The O/S just supports what is physically there.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

Old May 25th 09, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Since you don't provide the make and model number of your new computer it is
hard to say where the Caps Loc indicator is.

Old May 26th 09, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bara[_2_]

"bara" wrote in message

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm

still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

On my XP whenever I switched the caps lock on or off there was a note
on the right bottom corner.
Bara

--
bara

Old May 26th 09, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bara[_3_]

"bara" wrote in message

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm

still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

Thanks, Curious,
My new computer is a Dell studio xps435mt with vista home premume 64.
Is there a way to see any indication of change in the caps lock
position?
Bara

--
bara

Old May 26th 09, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

That was due to software you installed for the keyboard or was supplied by
the computer manufacturer. It was NOT part of the operating system.

Old May 26th 09, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

"bara" wrote in message

I've just gotten a new computer with home premume vista 64 but i'm

still
using my old 'microsoft' wireless keyboard and mouse. Unlike the XP
profesional, there is no 'caps lock' indication any where.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Bara

--
bara

On my XP whenever I switched the caps lock on or off there was a note
on the right bottom corner.
Bara

--
bara

Go to the Microsoft Hardware website and download the appropriate software
for mouse and keyboard. The popups will reappear..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Old May 26th 09, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Again, the manufacturers drivers determine what functions are available, not
the operating system.

If the keyboard is manufacture red by Dell you get the functions that their
keyboard drivers is designed to give you.

Old May 26th 09, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_3_]

Install the proper software for the keyboard, XP was not what was giving you
the caps lock notification, it was Microsoft's keyboard software, which was
installed on XP. You need to install it in your Vista installation.