Can I Split An Album Audio Track?

Old May 26th 09, 04:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
brikendor[_2_]

Default Can I Split An Album Audio Track?

In 2001 I bought a stand alone CD recorder to transfer my vinyl collection.
I am now in the process of ripping the resultant CDs and I thought this
might be a good time to correct some of my early recording mistakes - the
most common being that I forgot to manually increment track numbers.

Is it possible to split a single WMA track into the original component
tracks and, if so, how do I proceed?

An answer will be much appreciated even if it is negative.
Old May 26th 09, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

brikendor wrote:
In 2001 I bought a stand alone CD recorder to transfer my vinyl
collection. I am now in the process of ripping the resultant CDs and
I thought this might be a good time to correct some of my early
recording mistakes - the most common being that I forgot to manually
increment track numbers.
Is it possible to split a single WMA track into the original component
tracks and, if so, how do I proceed?

An answer will be much appreciated even if it is negative.

======================
Maybe the following free software would be useful:

Windows Media Encoder
http://tinyurl.com/bbal
or...

'Windows Media Encoder' includes several utilities...
one of which is 'Windows Media File Editor'. Maybe
the following article will be useful:

How can I reduce the length of an audio track or split
a track so that it will fit on a CD?
http://tinyurl.com/q5ppqp
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../0070.mspx#EDD

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old May 26th 09, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
brikendor[_2_]

That was quick work, John - I barely had time to pull any more hair out.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Old May 26th 09, 06:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

brikendor wrote:
That was quick work, John - I barely had time to pull any more hair
out. I'll let you know how I get on.

========================
Yes...let us know how it goes.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old May 27th 09, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
NICK MEALE

Search DAK"S Track Traker for what you want...He has during and after
indexing separate tracks....Nick Meale

Old May 27th 09, 11:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
brikendor[_2_]

Thanks for the pointer, Nick. I've only been tinkering with digital audio
for a few days - so I am near the bottom of a steep learning curve.
Googling "DAK"s Track Tracker" returned nothing but this very post. Could
you, please, therefore, tell me a little more about it and how to go about
getting it.

Old May 29th 09, 06:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
brikendor[_2_]

Thanks, Nick. I watched the demo, and they seem to have anticipated all the
pitfalls that may occur when transferring music collections from analogue to
digital media.

Old May 30th 09, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
brikendor[_2_]

Thanks again, John, for your suggestions. "Windows Media Encoder" alters
the original file - it is necessary to make copies of the original file to
work with this software. WMM imports a copy of the original file. I've
used WMM several times before and so explored this avenue first. However,
having specified the location of the files to be imported, only two (of the
expected eleven) files showed up - neither being the relevant one. That in
itself is of no consequence to me but it implied that I wouldn't be able to
copy a file to use in Media Encoder. It has been a useful learning
experience, but I think the simplest way to proceed is to re-record the
vinyl album when I am alert enough to avoid mistakes.

Old September 21st 09, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
alsrooogy alsrooogy

Default can you help me?

I want you to program the sound to vista

Posted as a reply to:

Can I Split An Album Audio Track?

In 2001 I bought a stand alone CD recorder to transfer my vinyl collection.
I am now in the process of ripping the resultant CDs and I thought this
might be a good time to correct some of my early recording mistakes - the
most common being that I forgot to manually increment track numbers.

Is it possible to split a single WMA track into the original component
tracks and, if so, how do I proceed?

An answer will be much appreciated even if it is negative.

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...vices-usi.aspx