Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

Old June 2nd 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tmlfan3

Default Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

Hello,

Recently I've begun experiencing repeated BSODs when running a specific
program (uTorrent). The BSOD comes up with the error "Driver IRQL Not Less
or Equal" and says it's related to e100b325.sys (one time it also said
rasacd.sys but it's only one out of a few dozen).

After doing some research it appears that this is an issue with my network
card (Intel Pro/100 VE). I have tried updating the drivers to the most
recent from Intel and from Gateway (my computer manufacturer) and neither
have solved the problem. Installing the new driver alleviates the problem
for the first day but then it's back to only lasting 5-10 min.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
Old June 4th 09, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

Hi tmlfan3,

Could you please upload your crash dump file (usually located in
c:\windows\minidump) to the following site:

https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choo...d-f2a3ceb5a74b

Password (no quotes): "qPw@4wytl^"

Old June 5th 09, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tmlfan3

Okay i've uploaded one of the dump files from a crash that occurred today.
Hopefully you can suggest something.

Thanks
Old June 5th 09, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

I won't have a chance to look at this until later this afternoon. I will
post a response then.

Old June 11th 09, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tmlfan3

Just checking to see if you've found anything... I recently installed the
newest drivers again and same as before the problem went away for a while but
has started happening. Now it's happening when I'm just browsing the
internet too (not as frequently as utorrent).

Old July 17th 09, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zombney

I had a

Windows Vista Home Premium
8600gt geforce NVIDIA graphics card
550w psu
amd 64 x2 5200 (2.6 Gz)
3 x 1 gb DDR2 ram
1 x IDE CD/DVD writer
1 x SATA CD/DVD writer
1 x IDE HDD
2 x SATA HDD all 7200 RPM

And I've only recently started to get the same problem, BSOD when doing
things such as going on the internet or watching a movie or whatever.
It was doing it LOADS then my PSU died and it does it less frequently
now i've put a more powerful one in but I do still get it. I think my
MOBO is on it's way out as well though because my pc sometimes powers up
the case but theres nothing going on inside.

So now I've got

Windows Vista Home Premium
9500gt geforce NVIDIA graphics card
650w psu
amd 64 x2 5200 (2.6 Gz)
3 x 1 gb DDR2 ram
1 x IDE CD/DVD writer
1 x SATA CD/DVD writer
1 x IDE HDD
2 x SATA HDD all 7200 RPM

I still get the problem...Now the interesting thing is I've removed
anything I may have recently added, updated all drivers 1 by 1,
re-installed windows and wiped my HDD's, reconfigured bios and I still
get this problem but funnily enough when I play L4D I don't get the
problem.

I'm hoping it will sort itself out when I replace my MOBO because I've
literally tried everything!
Any feed back would be welcome

--
zombney
zombney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/115768.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 17th 09, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

AFAIK Vista will not operate properly if all of memory is not operating at
the same speed.
Since you have 3 1GB ddr2 memory dims installed this may not be possible.
I suggest you remove one of them and just use one matched pair of DDR2 dims
and see if your system works better.

Old July 21st 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zombney[_2_]

cool thanks man, I'll try that. I think its about time to get a new mobo
anyway though but I'll pair up the ram on that

Thanks again
zombney