Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

gta san andreas

Old January 21st 07, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
thonas

Default gta san andreas

has any1 had problems playing gta on vista RTM? for me it just flashes up
all differnet numbers etc almost like vista cant read the exe properly

Old January 22nd 07, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
thomas

any ideas ???

Old February 3rd 07, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
nick

Default GTA:San Andreas on Vista

I can't even start San Andreas, it says please insert a valid disc on a different drive.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old February 3rd 07, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
nick

Old February 7th 07, 12:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mark

Default Same problem

I have the same problem as Nick! It is v frustrating!!! Does anyone know how to fix this???

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old February 23rd 07, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Anna

Default GTA on vista NOT RUNNING

mY GTA wont run on Vista any body has an idea what i can do. !!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old March 12th 07, 07:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mupet0000

I can start the game fine, but it lags so bad! When i was on xp a couple of
days ago it played fine, now i get like 5-10 fps in my house where i spawn.

All other games work fine, i want a fix!
Old March 27th 07, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Gta Sam Andreas

POr Favor alguien que hable EspaƱol!! I From Peru!!! Necesito un soporte
para poder jugar Gta San Andreas tengo el Windows vista home basic, si tiene
ayuda me manda
Old March 28th 07, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Ivan Samuelson

"Nick" wrote:

I can't even start San Andreas, it says please insert a valid disc on a different drive.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

I had the exact same problem. So, I found a "crack" and it worked. So, that
ruled out any driver issues. I've since removed the crack because even though
I have a legal copy of the game, I'm sure I'm in violation of some sort of
agreement due to "modifying" the code.

I just hope Rockstar or Microsoft come out with some compatibility patch for
it because it's ridiculous that I can't play a game that I legally own.

This and Splinter Cell Double Agent are the only two games so far that have
given me fits. Double Agent works at times and others it doesn't.

Frustrating, but that's to be expected with a new OS. I'm sure in time,
things will get ironed out. I just hope the software companies are aware of
it.

Old March 28th 07, 01:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Ivan Samuelson

BTW, the crack removes the CD check and that proves to me that there is an
issue with the copy protection within San Andreas.

Again, I hope they fix this. I don't trust cracks (who knows what they
screwed up) and I scanned the snot out of it before I installed it to ensure
there were no trojans or viruses, but you can't always catch them.