TNET1130 chipset

Old June 10th 09, 10:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
tomstevens09

Default TNET1130 chipset

This is a bit of strange case because it seems to be devolution.
My Safecom swlpt-54125 used to work on vista (using the driver from the
website)

However about a year ago it stopped working, completely unexpectedly.
This was after SP1 came out, but the card worked with SP1 for a while.

Thankfully i've been duel booting XP so it hasn't particularly bothered
me (apart from having a operating system i can't use.) But having
downloaded Win7RC to find that the same problem exists i thought it was
about time to try to find a solution.

All of the posts on this matter are about 3 years old...... so i guess
the answer i'm gonna receive is by a new card, but at the end of the day
it still works on xp and did work on vista (for a time).

Most of the suggestions revolve around this method:

The only thing is you have to edit the Microcom INF (TNET1130.INF) in
order to get it to install on Vista with the USR 5416. In this section
of the INF;

;For WinXP
[TexasInstruments.NT.5.1]

delete

from each of the five lines.

however this does not appear to work, and i did not do this to make it
work first time. I have reinstalled vista after attempting win7 and the
situation is still the same, so an update is not to blame. Any ideas?

--
tomstevens09