cd/dvd drive

Old June 11th 09, 10:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pmh532

Default cd/dvd drive

My computer is less than a year old. I have an Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA
Device on my Vista computer. My problem is that it recognizes some CDs/DVDs
and not others. I keep getting the message to insert a CD into the drive.
I am trying to run a CD that was burned with pictures on it. The person who
burned it also uses Vista, and can see the pics individually, or in slide
form. Any suggestions?

Old June 11th 09, 11:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dominic Payer[_2_]

Your drive may need a firmware update.
See
http://www.sony-optiarc.eu/supportse...s/ad7200s.html

Old June 11th 09, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manny Weisbord

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

Hi,

Yes, a CD/DVD drive lens cleaner disk. It is probably just clogged with dust
or debris and cannot read the disks properly. These disks are commonly found
in most stores that sell writable media for a dollars/pounds/euros/etc.

--
Best of Luck,

I have seen this suggestion more times than I'd care to try and count,
but for the LIFE of me I've never seen anyone testify that it works.

Old June 26th 09, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pmh532

I wrote this post 6/11, and since then posted a new one today. Maybe I
should have continued this thread, but didn't...Please see new post with
same subject....pmh532