Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows Password?

Old June 17th 09, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
help

Default How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows Password?

Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into
the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough
tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort.
(Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost
after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually
retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the
light.

1st Method:

The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we
install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets
its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then
try this:

Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press
ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type
"Administrator" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank.
Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.

Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel - User Accounts".

Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this
in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2th Method:

There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available.

Windows password recovery tool:

but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with
Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user
account to a blank password.
http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

pwdump2:
http://razor.bindview.com/tools/files/pwdump2.zip

Old September 17th 09, 08:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Alexisxy[_3_]

Long time ago , I was confronted with the password problem. Finally , my
friend Jane introduce the Windows password Reset.It helps me access
windows. http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

--
Alexisxy
Alexisxy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88612.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 19th 10, 07:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
javin.steven

I would suggest you first try to login as Administrator how:
1- While you are on the first screen for you to log in press
Ctrl+Alt+Del 2 times
2- you'll have a dialog box to type user name and password
3- type "Administrator" and leave the password blank (in case you didn't
change it before)
4- Then when you log in go to "Control Panel" - Users, and Reset the
password of the other user name that you've forgotten its password

If this doesn't work please follow the below steps if you have Windows
XP CD

1- Boot using Windows XP Setup CD and follow the instruction like
Accepting EULA pressing F8, etc.
2- When it asks to repair your existing Windows installation, accept it
and press "R" to run the repair.
3- Setup will start repairing your Windows and will start copying files,
etc.
4- After a few minutes setup will restart your system and when it
restarts don't press any key when it shows "Press any key to
continue..." otherwise Setup will start from the beginning. Don't press
any key and setup will resume where it left.
5- Now it'll start doing other tasks and will show a small progressbar
with a few details in left side.
6- Look carefully at the details and when it shows "Installing devices",
press Shift+F10 keys in your keyboard.
7- It'll open a Command Prompt window. Now type nusrmgr.cpl and press
Enter.
8- It'll open the same "User Accounts" window which you see in Control
Panel.
9- Now you can remove or reset any account password without any
problem.
10- continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
11- Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new
password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you
chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized
settings should remain intact.

I hope that any of these steps might help you... it worked with me
before.

Source blog: *'windows 7 password' (http://www.windows7password.net)*

--
javin.steven