nVidia GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 'blue death'

Old June 17th 09, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kr236rk

Default nVidia GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 'blue death'

hi

have had nVidia driver update blues for at least one month now and get
the -blue page of death- confirming its nVidia source: "*nv*lddmkm.sys"

this seems to be an issue of poorly thought-out nVidia drivers floating
around wrecking systems, from what i can pick up from forums heaving
with the same complaint: i never had a problem before Windows did a
driver update for me a month ago: you can't stop these updates - the
last one i ignored till i had to go into Safe Mode then it installed
itself

my 32 bit Vista has just done a system restore and obviously rolled
back to an earlier setting because that brummin Windows Driver Update
pop-up has come back to haunt my monitor

have gone into nVidia control centre and reduced the setting from
-quality- to -performance- hoping this may also have some effect - i do
not game but watch videos - so losing 3D graphics quality is no issue -
the last two -blue pages- happened to me in the middle of full screen
videos

if the worst comes to the worst can i replace all of the nVidia
hardware with ATI components or would i need a whole new motherboard
please? thank you.

am desperate

Ric

vista basic, 32 bit, amd dual core [running full ram]

--
kr236rk
Old June 17th 09, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Driver updates(especially graphic card drivers) from MS are often way out
of date or are incompatible with the user's system
Try the latest drivers for your installation from Nvidia.com.