Old March 18th 07, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Trick

Default Unsent messages in outbox

Michelle - Did your WinMail ever send any messages at all?

If not, contacting your internet service provider (ISP) is likely needed to
get their account settings worked out. They are too arcane & specific to
discuss here. I've spent a lot of time doing that with some installations,
once it works you're good to go.

If so, then as Gary replied, there are workarounds here to fix a known
symptom for an issue that MS/Vista installations have where randomly a
message suddenly gets stuck in a WinMail box for no apparent reason. If it
is the outbox, it blocks sending more mail. You have to be a little more
than novice to implement the corrective steps though. See what you can find
in other threads around here. Search on "outbox" or "stuck".

I think Gary is referring to not recommending the threads that talk about
deleting only a certain 'MessageStor' file because there are posts pointing
out trouble & no fix is experienced with that but I'm not knowledgeable
enough. MS had me delete the whole WinMail email storage folder named 'Local
Folder' and have the system regenerate it. So far that has not caused me any
trouble & fixed my sending issue.

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust