Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver

Old April 3rd 10, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kevinpennington

Default Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver

I know this is an older thread and its about vista but hopefully windows
7 and vista had the same problem. I did not have any issues installing
my lexmark x9350 in windows7 32 bit mode but when I went to install it
to windows 7 64 bit mode i was unable to scan like you are speaking of.
After speaking with great ole tech support at lexmark They told me
all kinds of incorrect information and said i needed to buy a new
printer bahh. Well i was trying to scan wirelessly and it would not
work. If I went throught the USB it worked just fine. Without telling
you everything i tried to get it working, ill explain the basics. What
basically needs to happen is that you need to install the wireless
version of the drivers 1st which will look like everything is installing
but in reality it is only installing the printer information for
whatever reason. So after it is installed make sure you can print
wirelessly. Now go back and run the wired installation and choose new
driver do not update existing driver. Once that gets finished make sure
you can print and scan on the new one you installed. You should now have
2 printers 1 that can print wirelessly only and a 2nd that can do
everything but that is hardwired. It will be an obvious difference in
windows 7 because the network printer looks very basic and the usb one
actually looks like the printer itself. Now we need to swap the ports on
the printers. Go to either of the printers and right click on it and
choose printer properties. Then choose the ports tab at the top. Change
the one that is set to USB to the 9300 series port and vice versa on the
other. So now you should have in essence the usb printer running on the
wireless network and the wireless now running on usb. Go back to the
printer you just configured for wireless and you need to get into the
print queue. Right click on the printer and click on see whats printing.
In the print queue click on the printer button in the top left and
uncheck the box that says use printer offline. Unplug the usb and make
sure that the printer can print, the scanning only works from the
controls on the printer itself but it does work. If this works you are
up and going and enjoy if not sometimes you have to refresh the printer.
Do this by either turning it off waiting a few seconds and turning it
back on. Sometimes you need to go back into the ports section I
mentioned above and click on the 9300 port and choose configure port and
then just hit okay which makes it ping the printer. Hope this helps
others out there. This may work with differnt configurations also such
as parallel cable, ethernet cable, etc. Just use one that works then
convert it over to the one you want.

--
kevinpennington