mouse and keyborad problem.

Old July 1st 09, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim

Default mouse and keyboard problem.

I don't have a way of telling if they are enabled or not as keyboard and
mouse are non-functioning. The wired mouse and keyboard don't work. The
wireless mouse doesn't work, not sure about the keyboard as I am no where
near the PC right now, but will check later.

Tried changing the battery, no luck. It occurs from fresh boot. Not aware of
any driver update unless windows has done it automatically.

Anyway, thanks for the response!

"Curious" wrote in message
Do I understand that when logged in both the the wired keyboard and mouse
are enabled as well as the wireless keyboard and mouse and that the wired
keyboard and mouse work but the wireless ones do not?
This could be caused by a dead battery in the wireless units or by a
defective driver update for the wireless units.
Does the problem occur on both a fresh boot and from waking up from sleep
mode?
"Tim" wrote in message
Hi, Got those model numbers for you: MICROSOFT WIRELESS LASER MOUSE 5000
MICROSOFT
DIGITAL MEDIA PRO KEYBOARD
MODEL NO: 1031
WIRELESS MOUSE
RECEIVER V 1.0 MODEL NO:1053

Many thanks,

Tim Vieweg

"Tim" wrote in message
Yes, sorry about the description I gave. I can log into windows but the
mouse pointer won't move at all and similarly when I use the keyboard it
doesn't type and doesn't provide access to anything in windows.i.e when
I usethe keyboard to type or use the keyboard shortcuts nothing happens
the- keyboard is non responsive.

To answer your question more directly-the mouse doesn't scroll.

I'll get make and model later today.

Many thanks Tim Vieweg.

"R. C. White" wrote in message
news:eJTg6If%23JHA.3768@TK2MHi, yes sorry about the
descSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Hi, Tim.

Thanks for the additional details. But we still don't know what you
mean by "not working".

For example, MY Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 Desktop Set, with the
6000 v.2.0 mouse and 6000 v.3.0 keyboard are working, but the keyboard
is not working right because it often goes to sleep right in the middle
of a word that I'm typing.

Does your mouse refuse to scroll? Does your keyboard insist on ALL
CAPS? What do they do wrong?

With or without an MCP tag, you should be able to tell us HOW yours is
"not working". So far, we haven't a clue.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Tim" wrote in message
I knew I shouldn't have put the MCP tag! I can get into Windows just
fine
with no error messages.
The keyboard is Microsoft and so is the mouse i'll let u know the
model
later not by the machine right now.
I installed the drivers a few years ago so I can't remember how I
installed
them!
Thats all I know right now.

Thanks for the help.

Tim Vieweg (MCP)!

"R. C. White" wrote in message
Hi, Tim.

An MCP should know that we can't even begin to help you without more
information than that. :(

First, please define "aren't working". Can you start the BIOS
utility? Does Vista boot at all? At what point does it stop (if it
does)? Are there any error messages? What do they say?

What make and model keyboard and mouse? Did you install the
beginning drives from the CD or floppy that came with them?

Lots more questions, but those will do for now.

RC

"Tim" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a custom built pc- athlonxp 3000+ ,2 gb mem, Windows Vista
home basic .
The problem is the wired keyboard and wireless mouse aren't working.
I swapped out the wireless mouse for a wired one and the problem
stayed the same. Any ideas?

regards,

Tim Vieweg MCP.

Old July 1st 09, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Have you tried booting and getting into the BIOS using the wired keyboard
and mouse and with the adapter for the wireless keyboard removed from the
system?
Are the wired keyboard and mouse connected using PS2 ports or a USB port?
news

Old July 1st 09, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim

No I haven't tried that,I'll give that a try . The mouse I tried ps/2.
cheers,
Tim Vieweg.

"Curious" wrote in message
Have you tried booting and getting into the BIOS using the wired keyboard
and mouse and with the adapter for the wireless keyboard removed from the
system?
Are the wired keyboard and mouse connected using PS2 ports or a USB port?
news

Old July 2nd 09, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tim

Default mouse and keyborad problem.

Many thanks guys for your help. I can't give any feedback for a while but
will post what worked in the next few weeks.

Tim Vieweg.

"pacinitaly" wrote in message

try to uninstall drivers in device manager and reboot

--
pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt