Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Computer Boots but Vista wont Start

Old June 30th 09, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
solaris54

Default Computer Boots but Vista wont Start

No indication of any problems before this happened. No new hardware
added.

I shutdown Vista for the night and it stayed on "system shutting down"
screen so I manually shut it down.

Now when I try to start it the computer goes through the normal boot
and goes to the first Microsoft screen but stays there for awhile and
then goes blank. I have tried to get it going numerous times but same
results. Tried last know good configuration one time but didnt work.

Anyone have any ideas other than clean reinstall that I can try?

This is VIsta 64

--
solaris54
Old June 30th 09, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Victek

No indication of any problems before this happened. No new hardware
added.

I shutdown Vista for the night and it stayed on "system shutting down"
screen so I manually shut it down.

Now when I try to start it the computer goes through the normal boot
and goes to the first Microsoft screen but stays there for awhile and
then goes blank. I have tried to get it going numerous times but same
results. Tried last know good configuration one time but didnt work.

Anyone have any ideas other than clean reinstall that I can try?

This is VIsta 64

Do you have the Vista DVD? Boot from it and run Startup Repair.
Old July 12th 09, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
therock[_11_]

The manual shutdown is not good unless you have your power switch setup
in your BIOS to wait 4 seconds while it does some things.

Sometimes there is a long display of the black screen after the windows
scrolling green dashes screen. You may should have waited but if it
takes more than 10 minutes.....oh well.

This simple thing has brought me back before after a power failure made
my reboot do as you are describing.

Disconnect all peripherals. All you want connected is the main hard
drive, display, mouse and keyboard. No thumb drives, external drives,
nada, zilch. Then attempt a boot.

--
therock

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Q6600 GO
Old July 13th 09, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
solaris54

The next day it started fine and havent had a problem since so I dont
know what happened.

--
solaris54