Vista Banter

-   -   reset port 00 error (http://www.vistabanter.com/165733-reset-port-00-error.html)

raze1225 July 1st 09 07:10 PM

reset port 00 error

ok well my computer got knocked over yesterday it wasnt even a bad fall.
But then my screen completely froze so i restart and when it is past the
part where it says f2 or f10 for setup. It will go into a screen and
says Reset port 00 error and port 1 and my cd/dvd drive

Then if i leave it it will say Boot from AHCI cd rom no boot device
avalable then it will say

slot0 available
slot1 available
slot2 available
slot3
slot4

i have no idea what happened. also when i turn it on the harddrive or
cd rom i think makes like a low beep noise like beeeeep beeeeep but
really low. If that helps at all

--
raze1225

GTS July 1st 09 09:27 PM

reset port 00 error

The first thing to do is to unplug it, open the case and check all the
connections. Reseat any loose cables, RAM modules, cards, etc. Let us know
the result.

raze1225 July 1st 09 11:00 PM

reset port 00 error

everythings hooked up right. idk what port 00 is but it seems like its
not working or something. plus theres a weird beep noise its like

beeep beeep beeep and its really low and sounds like a
humming noise.
all that happened was it fell not even hard i dont see how that could
make something break. Everything is connected fine any other ideas? it
also says boot from ahci then it says boot device not available dont
know what that means but maybe it can help

--
raze1225

Malke[_2_] July 2nd 09 12:32 AM

reset port 00 error

raze1225 wrote:

everythings hooked up right. idk what port 00 is but it seems like its
not working or something. plus theres a weird beep noise its like

beeep beeep beeep and its really low and sounds like a
humming noise.
all that happened was it fell not even hard i dont see how that could
make something break. Everything is connected fine any other ideas? it
also says boot from ahci then it says boot device not available dont
know what that means but maybe it can help

If everything is hooked up correctly and you are getting the beeps, you
broke something. The beeps are actually an audible code from the
motherboard telling you what's wrong. You can look up the beep codes on the
motherboard mftr.'s website.

Malke
--
MS-MVP