Old March 19th 07, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Michal Kawecki

Default resize partition

"Marcello" wrote in message
My new notebook cam with two partitions (systempartition and a logical
drive
for data). Now I want to shrink the systempartition and expand the
datadrive.
With the drive utility of vista home premium I can only shrink the
partitions. The command for expanding the partitions is on both
partitions
inactive.
The actual situation is: c (system) 64.1 GB 28.4 free; d (data) 42.7
GB 12.6
free.
I have also tried to shrink c:. This worked fine, but now not defined
5 GB
e. g. I could not add to d:.
Has anybody an idea what I can do. Thanks in advance from little
switzerland.
Marcello

It's because your logical drive is in fact on extended partition. You
must first move that partition in the direction of beginning of free
space, then you can expand it and also logical volume on it. Use BootIt
Next Generation http://www.terabyteunlimited.com , it don't require
installation on hdd.
--
M. [Windows - Shell/User MVP]
/before private reply change px with pl in my e-mail address/