camera settings on Vista

Old July 9th 09, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bumbrlik[_2_]

Default camera settings on Vista

Hello all,

I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when I
connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me if
where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if the
pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an option to
set defaults to some of these settings and there was a checkbox "Don't ask
me again" (or something like that). Silly me, I clicked on it.

From that point the window would no show up and all my pictures are
transferred to my desktop once I connect the camera, no questions asked.
That worked for a while but I want the pictures to go to a different folder
now and I just can't change the default folder that I once set.

How do I get the option window to reappear ? Where are these settings
stored, on my camera or my desktop ? I cannot find them. I am running Vista
64 bits.

Thanks a lot.

Old July 9th 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
whs[_8_]

Once you attached the camera, right click on it in "Computer". There
should be an option "Open Autoplay".

--
whs

Old July 10th 09, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bumbrlik[_2_]

Thanks for the advice. However, that does not really work for me - let me
explain why: in Control PanelAuto Play, I have the option to set AutoPlay
of Canon PowerPoint to :

Import pictures using Windows (that is what it is set to right now)
Open Device using Windows Explorer
Microsoft Word
Take no action
Ask every time

I really want to import pictures so no other action is appropriate. I want
to have it set to "Import pictures" but with that window that allows me to
control the destination folder of pictures etc.

Thanks.

"Bob" wrote in message
Control PanelAuto Play

"Bumbrlik" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when I
connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me if
where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if the
pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an option
to set defaults to some of these settings and there was a checkbox "Don't
ask me again" (or something like that). Silly me, I clicked on it.

From that point the window would no show up and all my pictures are

Old July 10th 09, 04:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

You can accomplish that with most Photo Editing programs (including WPG).
Open the program and click FileImport.

Another option is to simply copy the photos to the destination folder of
your choosing.

Open the program
"Bumbrlik" wrote in message
Thanks for the advice. However, that does not really work for me - let me
explain why: in Control PanelAuto Play, I have the option to set
AutoPlay of Canon PowerPoint to :

Import pictures using Windows (that is what it is set to right now)
Open Device using Windows Explorer
Microsoft Word
Take no action
Ask every time

I really want to import pictures so no other action is appropriate. I
want to have it set to "Import pictures" but with that window that allows
me to control the destination folder of pictures etc.

Thanks.

"Bob" wrote in message
Control PanelAuto Play

"Bumbrlik" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when
I connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me
if where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if
the pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an
option to set defaults to some of these settings and there was a
checkbox "Don't ask me again" (or something like that). Silly me, I
clicked on it.

From that point the window would no show up and all my pictures are

Old July 10th 09, 10:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
whs[_8_]

You can try the PAINT program File From Camera and Scanner. The
PAINT program is in Accessories.

--
whs