Vista Banter

-   -   Sprint pc-5740 card and Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/16626-sprint-pc-5740-card-vista.html)

John Vitka January 23rd 07 01:17 PM

Sprint pc-5740 card and Vista

after upgrading to Vista RC1 and then trying to use the sprint pc-5740
wireless card I get a message "unable to load system dependant library" when
starting the Sprint connection manager. then the connection manager comes up
and tell me to load my card. Yet System devices (hardware manager) shows the
card present and working? Card is also 'flashing" every 5 seconds

gottagift February 10th 07 06:29 AM

Sprint pc-5740 card and Vista

I had the same problem using my Merlin S620 from Novatel. the S620 is made
for use with Sprint PCS wireless internet. While it works fine with Windows
XP, I would get the same results as John did. But i found a solution. Here it
is.
With my Sprint Connection Manager fully updated (ver. 3.08.013 (41.0 MB)) on
my XP system, i copied the contents of the Sprint Connection Manager folder
from the XP system. Then, i pasted all the files ect... to an empty folder
in the VISTA system (C: Novatel Wireless/Sprint/Sprint connection Manager)
Actually, install the Connection Manager to Vista as you normally would using
the installation disk. Then delete the contents of the folder i mentioned.
This way, Vista has a recognized installation of Sprint, but with the new
pasted files...