Old March 20th 07, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Joe C.

Default Error Code 0x80070022 during install

Well I did a bunch of times. One other thing too, it takes about 30 minutes
just to get to the install or repair windows screen after I hit any key to
boot from the dvd. Its clearly working and then all of a sudden its like
Windows forgets that it was installing from a dvd and then asks for drivers
for the dvd rom. Because if I go into the drive that Vista install disc is
in it says its a CD-rom and doesnt show any of the files from the install.

Im not sure what you mean by copying the files? It said it was copying the
files and then when it gets to expanding them it just goes through this whole
mess. So Im not certain what the deal is and I did by a new dvd burner that
is sata instead of IDE. Maybe if the current install fails again I'll put it
in and try with that.

"Ian Cheung [MSFT]" wrote:

Joe,

Setup encountered error while copying files from the installation media.
From the error code, it seems to indicate that there is some issue with the
installation media. It could be hardware related. [It seems that Windows for
some reason detected that the media disappears and appears again, and
determined that the reappeared media is different from the original one.]

Can you try running the installation again and see if it works this time?

If it still fails, can you try copying everything to your local harddrive
from the installation media and run setup from local harddrive?

-Ian

"Joe C." wrote:

I had some issues with Vista and I decided to dump the previous install and
go it fresh. After formating my primary hard drive; or at least telling it
to when prompted to select a hard drive to install Vista on I got the error
code 0x80070022 Make sure all files required for installation are available.
The last install I did was an upgrade from XP pro this time I decided to go
at a fresh install to try and kick some of the issues I was having. Now I am
lost I've spent all of last night and all of tonight fighting with these darn
bugs any one got any clues for me?