How to get Vista to use more memory?

Old July 27th 09, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
araibob

Default How to get Vista to use more memory?

Thanks for the great explanation of the ctrl-alt-del display.

It would seem that having 8GB of Dominator memory in my PC is wasted
electricity.

Perhaps I should remove 4GB and hold them as 'backup' in case the 4GB
memory left should die?

Best regards, AraiBob

--
araibob
Old July 27th 09, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
whs[_8_]

As to the numbers you posted earlier, you have 28 MBs of free RAM - all
the rest of the 8190 MBs is used. So all the RAM is practically used. I
don't see a RAM usage problem.

--
whs
Old July 27th 09, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dave Warren

In message araibob
was claimed to have wrote:

Thanks for the great explanation of the ctrl-alt-del display.

It would seem that having 8GB of Dominator memory in my PC is wasted
electricity.

Perhaps I should remove 4GB and hold them as 'backup' in case the 4GB
memory left should die?

Given that the "Free" memory is so low, I'd leave it in, even if all
your RAM isn't actively being used, it's still being used by the OS for
caching, so it may improve performance (or it's possible you were using
more RAM previously, and said apps have quit)

RAM doesn't use much power, and since you've already paid for the RAM
itself you've paid the biggest portion of the cost, so I'd keep it in at
this point, at least if it were me.
Old May 21st 13, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

On Friday, July 17, 2009 7:11:43 AM UTC+5:30, araibob wrote:
All,

I have Vista Ultimate x64 Extreme, with 8 GB of memory, Q9300, and 2
velociraptors. I do NOT overclock, but would like Vista to use more of
the memory.

Typical load usage of memory is 2GB - about 25% of my total memory
Maximum use of memory was 3GB -

I would rather have Vista use memory than to use swap file. How can I
get this done?

Regards, AraiBob

--
araibob