Lifecam Drivers available finally

Old January 24th 07, 11:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mlai

Default Lifecam Drivers available finally

For all of us who have bought the MS Lifecams....

Wait no longer! MS has put up Lifecam softwares for Vista on their web:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.....

Old January 25th 07, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, Microsoft LifeCam software updates are now available
for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista. Microsoft LifeChat
products will be available by February 2007; compatible Windows Vista
software will be available at product release. For more LifeCam software,
you may download from the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...ds/default.msp

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

Old February 12th 07, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jodester

Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I have installed the new Microsoft
LifeCam software 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista as advised, but
the Problem Reports & Solutions keeps advising I need to get the Lifecam
update from the Microsot website. I have already done this, but for some
reason it does not register. and my webcam does not funtion. I purchased this
product thinking a microsoft hardware product would have no conflicts with
microsoft o/s or software.

Old February 12th 07, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lembicz

The drivers are there OK, but the microphone
on VX6000 still, as before - doesn't work...

""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, Microsoft LifeCam software updates are now
available
for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista. Microsoft LifeChat
products will be available by February 2007; compatible Windows Vista
software will be available at product release. For more LifeCam software,
you may download from the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...ds/default.msp

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

--------------------

Old February 13th 07, 05:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jodester

as mentioned in my previous post, I have installed these so called new
drivers but they do not work and the solution vista offers is it takes me to
these new drivers i have already installed an hour earlier. why do these
drivers not work???????????????

Old February 23rd 07, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JM9777

I am having similar problems.

I can install the LifeCam 1.3 software, but when I plug the camera in as
prompted get an error message:

"Device driver software was not successfully installed
Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this
device installed.
Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 Ready to use
Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 Failed"

If I open the LifeCam software, I can get the video to work but not the
microphone.

***I would appreciate a response from somebody at Microsoft on this issue,
since they have apparently decided NOT to offer any free technical support
for this device. I refuse to pay $35 for support....it seems to me that
Microsoft should be ensure that the products it sells are compatible with
Windows Vista, or at least offer ANYTHING on their support web site dealing
with this topic.

If I do not receive a prompt response, I will return my product and buy from
a competitor....I am definitely LESS likely to ever buy a Microsoft hardware
product again.***

Old February 24th 07, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jodester

Ken, see email sent to ms......Confirmation number:SRZ070213000919
Your question was successfully submitted to Microsoft. A Microsoft
professional will respond to you in e-mail within 1 business day...that was
sent Feb 13 it is now Feb 24 and still waiting on a response, do u know what
the go is. Thanks