Vista Banter

-   -   Hard Drive Performance (http://www.vistabanter.com/16786-hard-drive-performance.html)

LeeG January 24th 07 09:30 PM

Hard Drive Performance

I have had my swap file set-up on a Excelstor ES3230 hard drive and my
performance of vista has at times been slower than I would have expected. I
have now changed the swap file to my other hard drive, a ST360015a, and seen
an improvement in performance.

Can anyone tell me if the Excelstor drive is a slower drive and are there
any utilities that I can make use of to ensure that I can determine the best
performing drive to use esp. if I upgrade to a bigger hard drive?

Thank you in advance.

Jimmy G January 29th 07 06:56 PM

Hard Drive Performance

Using a slower hdd will cause a slow down.

The faster the drive the faster the information is able to travel.

A 7200.2 SATA or a SATA2 drive will respond better also a larger cache 8MB
to 16MB will be a good advntage.